Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Tell me what to get!

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2004, 01:19 PM
FragaL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me what to get!

Right, I will have in a couple of weeks around the £2k mark to spend on my MY01 UK300 PPP.

I have finished the styling bits and had it lowered, im now looking for more horse power. I'd like to hit the 300bhp really so im asking you guys what to get and where to get it.

I've heard all sorts of good things on here, Andy F seems to come up alot too. So can you guys tell me what I should buy and where i can get it done.

Thanks for your help..

Sy
Old 13 August 2004, 02:27 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

depends where you are in the country.
I remember andy saying there wasn't a power fc available for your year of car, but could be wrong on that.

If you are nearer the south then a acutek map by Pat could alone be enough to see you past the 300 mark depending on what you are prepared to run boost wise.
Old 13 August 2004, 02:31 PM
FragaL
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adam M
depends where you are in the country.
I remember andy saying there wasn't a power fc available for your year of car, but could be wrong on that.

If you are nearer the south then a acutek map by Pat could alone be enough to see you past the 300 mark depending on what you are prepared to run boost wise.
Sounds good m8, im based in Bristol (South West). So what's involved in the acutek remap?
The car is standard +PPP at the moment and I would like to change the exhaust for something bigger/louder too.
Old 13 August 2004, 02:44 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

oops, sorry that was a typo,

ecutek.

this is a remap of the standard ecu to alter boost, fuelling and timing.

if you are bristol based, I am sure pat could do something for you as he does travel.

his number is 07803 906 141 if you want to ask questions.

You can extract power and smoothness from the standard ecu as well as fuel consumption by tailoring it to your specific car and other mods if you plan them.

if you give pat a call he will talk you through them. Much as I like andy f a lot, pat is a little nearer and both are equally bright guys!
Old 13 August 2004, 04:55 PM
FragaL
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that m8, I have spoken to Pat who has given me some options which sounds really good. (Nice bloke too)

He thinks i can happily see 280/5bhp with a decent exhaust and a remap. He recomended the HKS Hiper which looks like a nice bit of kit, anyone got any thoughts on this exhaust?

I will also need the rest of the exhaust apparently as it is not a full exhaust up to the turbo, what bits do i need?