Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Exhaust queries

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2004, 04:33 PM
jonnie c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust queries

Right, I'm just about to buy a exhaust for my MY02 wrx bugeye and I just want to get a few things straight.

I was just going to buy a cat back exhaust and decided on the blitz nur spec-r, I then thought hey why don't I just get all the exhaust at once and get the downpipe for it aswell.

But now I've found out that I need to get centre cat pipe aswell to fit in between the down pipe and nur spec-r!!

So can someone just clarify for me before I go and spend all this money that buying the nur spec r and downpipe, won't do, and that I need to buy a centre pipe for it aswell.
What have you all used downpipe and center cat pipe wise?

Last edited by jonnie c; 30 July 2004 at 04:42 PM. Reason: .
Old 28 July 2004, 05:10 PM
jas03WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonnie c
Right, I'm just about to buy a exhaust for my MY02 wrx bugeye and I just want to get a few things straight.

I was just going to buy a cat back exhaust and decided on the blitz nur spec-r, I then thought hey why don't I just get all the exhaust at once and get the downpipe for it aswell.

But now I've found out that I need to get centre cat pipe aswell to fit in between the down pipe and nur spec-r!!

So can someone just clarify for me before I go and spend all this money that buying the nur spec r and downpipe, won't do and that I need to buy a centre pipe for it aswell.
What have you all used downpipe and center cat pipe wise?
Jonnie,

If you are going the whole hog... check out POWERSTATIONS website. They do the Full Milltek system (upto +30 bhp) on the STi. It comes with a sports cat down pipe etc... and passes MOT emissions.

Jas.
Old 29 July 2004, 10:22 AM
pappasmurf
Scooby Regular

...Or speak to Hayward and Scott in Basildon. They can make you up a system to whatever specifications you require.
Old 29 July 2004, 02:28 PM
ASTiMAN
Scooby Regular

I got a Hayward & Scott full 3 inch system (downpipe, centre section and back box) with 4 inch tail pipe for £600. It's on the car and I'm told it's beautiful (although I've not seen it yet).

I was looking for a 3 inch system and the NUR Spec R plus a downpipe would have been silly money for little difference in power.
Old 29 July 2004, 02:53 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

I have a nur Spec R (which goes from downpipe back) mated to a H+S (pat spec) 3" downpipe - no centre pipe needed (nur spec R has one already!)
Old 30 July 2004, 04:35 PM
jonnie c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyFlow
I have a nur Spec R (which goes from downpipe back) mated to a H+S (pat spec) 3" downpipe - no centre pipe needed (nur spec R has one already!)
cool, sounds like what I need. Where did you purchase the downpipe from?
And how did you sort out the cel?