Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

scoobysport exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2004, 12:33 AM
nickejmartin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scoobysport exhausts

anyone bought a SS exhaust recently. Mines been on order about 3 weeks now and they still can't give a delivery date and are not replying to emails.
Old 03 March 2004, 12:35 AM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No change there then eh!!

Can't comment on the situation, luckily I have an older version!
Old 03 March 2004, 07:05 AM
scoobyexhausts
Scooby Regular

We have the original Scoobysport design back box in stock and cheaper .

Ian
Old 03 March 2004, 10:42 AM
quicksprint
Scooby Regular

You have been waiting 3 weeks!!!..i would of cancelled after 1 week.
Got mine from 'our' friends at H&S,on the shelf and next day delivery....excellent product and service.

steve
Old 03 March 2004, 04:39 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Is Scoobysport still in business
Old 03 March 2004, 06:47 PM
Fatman
Scooby Regular

Yes, SS is still in business. I was there on Saturday.
Old 03 March 2004, 10:27 PM
Ray Von
Scooby Newbie

Don't talk to me about Scoobysport.............

I waited over 7 weeks for the Janspeed backbox. Excuses for delay were as follows:

1. Illness at Janspeed
2. Machine breakdown at Janseed

They took my money from my account on the day of ordering which has happened to numerous people on here. Apparently though this (I) was a one-off!

The so called delay was happening well before I ordered mine however I wasn't told about it.

I was fobbed off, I had emails ignored and was given false promises of delivery dates from week 3.

I was never contacted by SS to advise me of the delay which to me is simple customer care to keep the buyer informed. I had to do all the chasing around which p***ed me right off!

The customer service is appalling and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

HOWEVER

If you're prepared to wait and put up with all the above, the sound is the dogs!

Last edited by Ray Von; 03 March 2004 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03 March 2004, 10:41 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Oh dear... i thinks i've heard this before...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03 March 2004, 11:31 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I can recommend Scooby Exhausts - nothing like buying direct from the manufacturer. Excellent service.
Old 04 March 2004, 01:08 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Worrying you are not getting any response.

The current Scooby Sport exhaust is manufactured by Janspeed. There was a similar thread on here a few weeks ago and the Janspeed M.D., Tom Ross, came on and stated categorically that they had no production problems. I posted at the time with relevant information and then found my post had been removed by a moderator, Puff The Magic Wagon, without the courtesy of letting me know. Mr. Ross's two posts then disappeared and after I started asking for an explanation on my post removal the thread was locked.

The whole thing stank and following a private e-mail to Puff he replied that I would get an explanation from Simon or Shaun. None has been forthcoming.

It is important that other Scooby Netters are aware of the unsatisfactory supply situation on exhausts from Scooby Sport and this is a far from an isolated occurrence.

Nick: If you paid by credit card ask your card company for a refund and buy direct from Janspeed. If it was a cheque i hope that you get it sorted before too long.
Old 04 March 2004, 11:11 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There must still be an issue between Janspeed & SS, personally, do yourself a favour & go direct to H&S, at least they do exactly what they say they are going to do. I agree with u Harvey its the poor Snetter trapped in the middle of these issues, Theres no way credit should be removed from a card without goods being despatched IMO
Old 04 March 2004, 11:15 AM
jimbrit
Scooby Regular

On a balancing note. I have used Scoobysport for the last 3 years and have no ties with them whatsover. In this time all their work has been great and I have never had any problems at all. The guys there are v.friendly and always explain things so that even I can understand

On the one occasion they didn't have in stock what I wanted I simply went elsewhere.

I think you'll find that all businesses have both good and bad stories told about them and that if ScoobySport or any business treated all their customers in the unsatisfactory manner that the Topic starter state, then quite simply they wouldn't still be in business because they would have no repeat business.

Just my 0.02p in the interests of balance
Old 04 March 2004, 11:26 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree with u jim to an extent, i have always received good advice from PC in the past, which of course was free, but the exhaust supply is always the one that rears its head on here,

Coincidence??, there has to my knowledge never been an official explanation as to why this keeps happening, when people start to dig on this subject, it always gets intervened upon, when the MD of JS posts up that theres not a supply issue you can only draw your conclusion on this matter

Last edited by Andy McCord; 04 March 2004 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04 March 2004, 04:15 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I could say lots about Scoobysport but can't/won't
Old 04 March 2004, 09:52 PM
Ray Von
Scooby Newbie

Its the customer service/lies/false promises etc etc that stinks. I'm sure there are many satisfied customers out there but I expect to be treated as I would treat others and to me, honesty is the best policy. You are far more respected if you tell the truth and admit if there is a problem instead of telling porkies.

Needless to say I would never touch them ever again.............
Old 05 March 2004, 08:01 AM
scoobyexhausts
Scooby Regular

Has anyone noticed you never had any problems with exhaust supplies when we manufactering them it was only when Scoobysport changed suppliers.(And this has nothing to do with Janspeed )Makes you think !!!!

Ian
Old 05 March 2004, 11:50 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Not sure how you can say that as you told me yourself that ScoobySport were on the stop regularly towards the end???
Anyway a little birdie suggests to me that S.S. are now making their own. Anybody know for sure or are Janspeed still their supplier?
www.geocities.com/harveysmith3000
Old 05 March 2004, 03:36 PM
sapkan
Scooby Regular

waited more than 2 months for mine, got it eventually. be prepared
Old 05 March 2004, 07:02 PM
asagi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
Not sure how you can say that as you told me yourself that ScoobySport were on the stop regularly towards the end???
Anyway a little birdie suggests to me that S.S. are now making their own. Anybody know for sure or are Janspeed still their supplier?

Had my de-catted at ScoobySport last week. They still use Janspeed. Had no problems with them with regards to supply. However I got mine fitted at their premises so probably a different kettle-of-fish to getting them sending you stuff.

BAZ
Old 06 March 2004, 07:55 AM
scoobyexhausts
Scooby Regular

That is correct Harvey but if both suppliers have stock ....... we do occasionally supply SS in fact they had a classic back box this week.

Ian

Last edited by scoobyexhausts; 06 March 2004 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06 March 2004, 09:34 AM
tailfin
Scooby Regular

go direct to H&S
Old 06 March 2004, 10:05 AM
Button Moon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by harvey

Was phoning around last week for some quotes and was told by SS that they now have their own exhaust system (not Janspeed or H & S )

End of supplier/delivery tales of woe........... Don't hold your breathe........
Old 07 March 2004, 11:10 AM
nickejmartin
Scooby Regular

didn't think it would be such an issue!!

anyway, cancelled the order and went firestorm instead, service from tsl was first rate. At one point last week i had blitz, fstorm and ss on order at the same time! Firestom won the day as they promised delivery in 2 days and it just seemed the better route as I wanted something as good if not better than the ss but retaining the resonance and not too droney.

24 hours later an email from ss apolizing for the delay, which i must admit I was quite impressed with. Could have been confusion between dealers and private, but in the end they did bother to contact and it will be interesting to see how the fs compares.