Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

DCCD question

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2004, 05:57 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DCCD question

Im posting this on behalf of a friend whos having a spot of bother with their V4 type R.When you start the engine apparently the bottom green light is permanently flashing,does anyone know what is causing this.Sounds to me like a diff sensor has gone.Definately sounds like a sensor of somesort has gone can anyone point me in the general direction of where the problem is and whats involved to fix it.
Old 04 February 2004, 06:59 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

The DCCD manual pages say that you need to take the car in to a dealer if this occurs. Unfortunately, apart from the 22B, there were no official UK model classic shape cars fitted with a DCCD, so you may have problems getting it checked.

I suspect that UK dealers may well have the right diagnostic equipment, being that the 22b is just a modified Version 4 type R.
Old 04 February 2004, 07:02 PM
mef
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby-tc
Im posting this on behalf of a friend whos having a spot of bother with their V4 type R.When you start the engine apparently the bottom green light is permanently flashing,does anyone know what is causing this.Sounds to me like a diff sensor has gone.Definately sounds like a sensor of somesort has gone can anyone point me in the general direction of where the problem is and whats involved to fix it.

If the light is flasing it indicates a fault. I had this and it turned out to be a faulty connector on the cable that goes down to the gearbox, near the turbo. The two pins that are used to connect to the diff coil were open circuit. I bypassed the connector with a new one of a different sort. I wondered if the heat from the turbo had maybe caused the problem?

Martin
Old 04 February 2004, 07:22 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Wink

they quite often break in or around the diff.

either the cable going to the diff is ripped out by some **** who hasn't changed an RA box or clutch before and doesn't know there's a loom to disconnect, of the wire that actually runs through the diff rots in the diff fluid.

either way it isn't usually too serious m8