Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

cone filter and dump valve on a P1

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2001, 04:14 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I would like to know if im able to fit a cone air filter and a dump valve to my P1. I used to have both of these on my first impreza and loved the extra noise! However, ive read conflicting reports on here about fitting both of these items on newer cars.

For the cone filter ive heard that this may cause a problem for a maf sensor, and for the dump valve ive heard they might actually worsen performance! Now im mainly after the acoustic benefits, but i dont want to lower power levels, or worse still, damage the engine in some way

On another thread on here the k&n was recommended, but would this b a wise option considering maf etc. Anyway, dont prodrive to any extras such as this???

I already have a moongoose ss exhaust. If i managed to get the cone and dump valve may i expect a warranty dispute if something happened to the car, even not related to the extra parts?
Old 29 August 2001, 04:36 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On my (non-P1) MY00 I and others fitted K&N or similar on the basis that on the bbs there were no documented MAF failures related to its use. However, my car is almost out of its first year Euro warranty and I expect years 2 and 3 are blown anyway from my Belgian warranty as I've fitted PPP! The other thing is - could the P1 run lean with an induction kit - I'm not saying it would but is it a possiblity given that is might not be as excessively overfuelled as a non-P1?

AFAIK, Prodrive do not supply any induction kits/filters any more as they say only the Subaru ones meets the required standards.

IIRC a vent to atmosphere dump valve (which particularly make the "desired" noise) result in loss of performance.

[This message has been edited by john banks (edited 29 August 2001).]
Old 29 August 2001, 08:26 PM
Peter Miles
Scooby Newbie

We at Forge Motorsport manufacture and supply many types of Atmospheric and recirc dump valves.

we have sold many for the P1 with no problems.
we supply Listers Subaru, scooby sport, scooby mania etc.

If you purchase the valve and are not 100% happy we offer a total refund
Old 29 August 2001, 10:02 PM
StephenDone
Scooby Regular

It sounds like a Mac's Power K&N induction would suit you down to the ground. They offer a MAF guarantee - if your MAF fails after fitting their kit, they buy you a new one.

After fitting the kit, you can hear the standard recirculating dump valve easily, since there's less between your dump valve and the outside world.

Don't get a vent to atmos version - they muck up the air/fuel ratio by letting measured (by the MAF) air out of the system.

Give Paul a mail on Paulmcloughlin@eircom.net

Cheers

Steve

[This message has been edited by StephenDone (edited 29 August 2001).]