Modding & Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2001, 09:50 PM
Karlos
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Gents,

I'm sure the question has been asked before, but hey, i'm lazy!!

I've had my MY98 for about a month now, and am chomping at the bit to do some mods. My worry is however how what's left of my manafacturers warranty (and extended warranty when I get it) will be effected. My initial suspicions after looking at Dynomite Scoobies, is that you can mod to your hearts content judging by the ammount of us who have MY99 and MY00 car's already heavily modded. Is this correct or will THEY be laughing on the other side of their faces come clutch/gearbox/engine failure?

Thanks in advance,

Karlos
Old 13 June 2001, 01:02 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Karlos,

Any engine mods will void your warranty. I'm not sure about an induction kit and exhaust though. Induction kit maybe not but I think exhaust is ok. Any boost increase and your warranty will be void. One mod which is permissable is the PPP supplied by Subaru from Prodrive and is covered under warranty along with the other components.

Some of us mod our MY00's because some of us don't care about warranty and others like myself with a Euro import only get 1 year warranty and couldn't care about the 1 year. If I had a 3 year warranty I wouldn't have modded my car. One year IMHO is peanuts.

Best is to ask the dealers I suppose as they are the one's that will give you the proper answers.

WREXY