Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2001, 01:40 PM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi,

This post is really two questions.

1.. I have an STi back-box on my MY98, want to get a bit more sound but not OTT. Will the Magnex centre pipe make any difference on it's own or should I go for the back-box?

2.. In post
Old 30 April 2001, 04:23 PM
pramrace
Scooby Regular

Hi Ipett ive just had the mongoose back box fitted to my P1 and WOW what a sound,cost 226 inc vat
Old 30 April 2001, 08:34 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I had a Magnex back box fitted last week to my MY97 and it sounds great. It's not that loud that you end up with a headache but it certainly turns heads - and the car is more responsive

I think changing the center pipe will make a bigger difference as you will be removing the smaller of the two cats, so it will be quite a bit louder and even more responsive. That's what I'll be getting next

Alex
Old 01 May 2001, 12:59 AM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Ok, decision made.

I've ordered a Magnex de-catted centre pipe for my car. £97.25 including VAT/Fitting etc. Couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else.

Only problem - no stock for two weeks...sigh...;(

Once I hear how that sounds a decision on replacing my STi backbox will be made.

Laurence
Old 01 May 2001, 08:55 AM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

Any idea of a Halford in the Surrey Area which is doing this offer, I've called a couple and they know nothing (about anything ) or the special offer on exhausts!
Old 01 May 2001, 09:04 AM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Smile

It appears to be the new re-styled Halfords that carry this stock and offer. New shops are recognisable by the Yellow as opposed to Blue signs.

Berkshire have a few of these, Hampshire where I live do not. You may have to travel a bit.

I am going to order today and so will post what happens!

BTW: I negotiated the free installation (pretty simple - they like installing to Scoobys), the 15% is an offer they have at the moment.

The Bracknell branch is 01344 862166 if you want it.

Laurence
Old 01 May 2001, 10:17 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ed the dead:
<B>Any idea of a Halford in the Surrey Area which is doing this offer, I've called a couple and they know nothing (about anything ) or the special offer on exhausts![/quote]

Try the New Malden/Shannan's Corner Branch. Try and speak to Mark (with glasses) at the Ripspeed counter, and tell him I sent you! He may be able to do you a deal. He's also a Subaru owner!

Personally I would change both!! The backbox is really just for noise, and the centre section will give a small performance increase. Bear in mind that the cabin is will become noiser, and can be quite droney on longer motorway journeys!

I've got a Magnex centre section with a resonator, which seems to keep the noise down, compared to a straight through centre!

It still drones on motorways, but i love it!!! I'm guessing my ScoobySport Downpipe and Backbox, don't help keep the noise down!!!

Hope this helps
Andy

PS - no connection with halfords, just that Mark is a very helpful guy, who so happens to drive a Subaru.
Old 01 May 2001, 09:35 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hi'
Roadrunner can supply imm despatch of straight through center pipes for £56.50 inc vat. I ordered 1 and got it delivered in 2 days for £7.95
Robby