Speed Limiter on a Skyline R33

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2001, 05:27 PM
RGS
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

HI Guys
I went on a 'Subaru' Power Day yesterday with my R33 and was delighted to see that without a chip change, she generates 335BHP at 6475RPM. That wasn't the problem. The problem was that they had to run the test in THIRD gear, not fourth as they couldn't run the car up to 6000RPM in 4th without a Whoomph and the throttle cutting out. In first, second then third it revved right up to 6500RPM no problem.

Power Engineering who did the test said that it was the 'speed limiter' still in place and that I should get it removed.

Does anyone know what is going on here, I assumed that it was removed when the clocks were changed (she's an import) and there is no REV limiter obviously. Also, I thought they were limited to much less than the 125-130 MPH that we got out of her on the rollers???

As the Skyline forum is a little sparsely populated and you guys seem to be hot on imported Japanese motors, it was recommended I ask Scoobynet users.

Any advice would be much appreciated

By the way, drove a brilliant Impreza yesterday (swapped cars with one of the guys), it was awesome, if different to the Skyline.

Cheers
RGS
Old 15 April 2001, 08:14 PM
WAL
Scooby Regular

A friend has an R32 GTR Vspec 2, he had his limiter removed amongst other things by Abbey Motorsport (around Essex somewhere).Apart from Middlehurst they are numero uno for Skylines (allegedly).
Old 16 April 2001, 03:49 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Cool

Have Fun
Old 16 April 2001, 06:52 PM
RGS
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Thanks for that URL, I'm there tomorrow morning

Cheers
RGS
Old 17 April 2001, 11:54 AM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RGS:
<B>HI Guys
I went on a 'Subaru' Power Day yesterday with my R33 and was delighted to see that without a chip change, she generates 335BHP at 6475RPM. That wasn't the problem. The problem was that they had to run the test in THIRD gear, not fourth as they couldn't run the car up to 6000RPM in 4th without a Whoomph and the throttle cutting out. In
first, second then third it revved right up to 6500RPM no problem.

Power Engineering who did the test said that it was the 'speed limiter' still in place and that I should get it removed.

Does anyone know what is going on here, I assumed that it was removed when the clocks were changed (she's an import) and there is no REV limiter obviously. Also, I thought they were limited to much less than the 125-130 MPH that we got out of her on the rollers???

As the Skyline forum is a little sparsely populated and you guys seem to be hot on imported Japanese motors, it was recommended I ask Scoobynet users.

Any advice would be much appreciated

By the way, drove a brilliant Impreza yesterday (swapped cars with one of the guys), it was awesome, if different to the Skyline.

Cheers
RGS[/quote]

Hello m8,

One of the guys called MOE yeah that's me, I am glad you liked it as I liked yours very much also.

I was looking at your web site today and believe I can help with your requirement for Pop sites, data centre, managed bandwidth, etc...take a look at my web site