Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

PE T75 Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2003, 10:09 AM
NewAgeWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Iv got my heart set on a PE T75 Full System with Sports CAT.

I just need some last minute confidence boosters to help me part with my hard earned £1039 that these cost !!!!

Are they worth the dosh and what sort of realistic difference on my MY02 WRX can I expect?

Last thing, IF anyone has one of these for a newage car and fancies selling it to buy something else PLEASE let me know, Ive posted in 'wanted' also.

Should be ordering it from PE sometime next week if they are open

Cheers Andy

Old 28 December 2003, 04:53 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

What sort of difference? More power at the top end, better spool up, general improvements all-round. But that's no different to what you'd get on any other decent exhaust. Personally, I am a fan of the sports cat on the basis of keeping emmissions legal, but there are quite a few others like that too (although most have donwpipe cat rather than centre section). Hope that an up-pipe is included for that much money? If not, suggest you change that too.

Are they worth the dosh? Viewed as a stand-alone buy, probably. Compared with buying several other exhausts which will give very similar results for a lot less money (sports cats are a lot more common now than a couple of years ago), probably not. IMHO, I wasn't overly fond of the sound of the PE exhaust which was very boomy around town, but noise is all down to personal preference. In your situation, I'd make certain that I had a ride in a car fitted with their exhaust before buying.

If, after having heard it, you like the noise, and you want power increase, decent quality and emmissions friendliness, then it could be the right exhuast for you. I know I paid getting on for that amount ofr my APS sports cat system - I could have had as much power for less money, but wanted the APS sound (much less boomy than the PE) and emmissions friendliness.

Not sure if that helps?
Old 28 December 2003, 05:48 PM
NewAgeWRX
Scooby Regular

Yes, any all viewpoints are very usefull so thanks.

Its the quality of this system that attracts me, most ppl say that there is no finer made exhaust - but for sure tell me if thats incorrect.

I went to the TSL open day a few weeks ago and was gonna buy one of thier 'thundercat' down pipes (includes sports cat), a center and grp N back box - jeez im glad I went and had a look, I would have been gutted if Id bought one of these online (like I was going too) as IMVHO they leave alot to be desired ( flame retardant pants on ). Actually, the cat and center were ok, but just the BB looked poorly made - almost as bad as H&S ones.

I think you are right, I better have a run down there, Its a long way from me but would hate to part with that much money just to be dissapointed.

Have a look -=HERE=- plz, see if you think its good VFM.

Thanks Andy

Old 28 December 2003, 07:28 PM
Lemmy
Scooby Regular

I had PE's sports cat system fitted to my STi7 back in Feb this year along with an Ecutek remap, and am very pleased with it. My car now has a lurvly burble around town, which gets noticed by pedestrians. There is quite a bit of induction noise on WOT, but on the motorway it is fairly quiet and certainly not boomy.

Noise levels are very subjective. What is too loud for some people is quiet to others. When I drove mine away from PE I thought the sound level was just right. Now I fancy a bit more noise and more of a howl on WOT like the Magnex on my old Turbo, so I am thinking of changing the backbox for an Afterburner vortex.

I would recommend listening to a Scoob with the PE system before buying though, and preferably the same type as you own. The bugeyes and MY03s have alot more sound insulation so less noise is transmitted to the cabin than with the Classics. Also, I find that the exhaust seems quieter when sitting in the front passenger seat compared to when driving.

Alan
Old 28 December 2003, 09:33 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
great system tried to send a fiel to you so you could hear what it sounds like but i think its too big if your on msn email me and ill send thru its only 5mb, got the t75 downpipe and centre with prodrive back box which looks similar to their backbox and iw ouldnt change my exhaust system for nothing but mine is on a my99 but there shouldnt be any differences as its the same engine