Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Idle air control solenoid valve - Erratic Idle

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2001, 10:54 AM
Victor L
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've been having trouble with the ISC and have tried a couple of steps (from previous posts - this also posted to 22b.com) to try and solve the problem. I located and checked that the internal spindle turns OK. It turns freely without much effort. I also unplugged the bottom hose and squirted carb cleaner in it. Tried the car then and it was like a dog for a while...

I also used a multimeter to measure the resitance between the centre electrode and the outer two, one at a time. Both are about the same and low (0.03 I think from memory).

I also sprayed some contact cleaner on the plug and the receptacle on the linear motor drive unit, replaced the drive unit in its original position and replaced the two securing screws and unplugge the loom connector a few times to scrape the contacts.

Still no difference - I even tried moving the position of the drive unit - was around 5 o'clock position (looking from above) to around a 6 position and it idled very high. I moved it back somewhat and it is slightly better - doesn't drop as low or vary as much but still bounces.

Is it wise to move this and what position should it be at??

Any help/info or further steps to take would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Victor.