centre sections

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2001, 08:37 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

ok, what's in a centre section?

I had the privilege of looking under my car whilst it was 5ft in the air and the centre section has what appears to be a baffle in the middle - not even a third of the size of the cat in the downpipe (which was lying on the garage floor at the time!).

When I spoke to the engineer bloke, I asked if it was a baffle and would it hinder performance/breathing and he said it was and it wouldn't make much difference.

There have been 2 threads this morning stating that the centre section has a cat in it, but surely the mechanic blokey would have said, "no, it's a cat" - it's a significant component, eh?!

Is it a baffle or a cat?

a confused Fosters with a MY00
Old 16 January 2001, 09:29 AM
Arron
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Fosters:
<B>ok, what's in a centre section?

I had the privilege of looking under my car whilst it was 5ft in the air and the centre section has what appears to be a baffle in the middle - not even a third of the size of the cat in the downpipe (which was lying on the garage floor at the time!).

I think you will find it is a secondary cat, I have a uk my98 which I removed mine and it made a slight bit of differance with pick up and a very small noise increase.

Hope this helps
When I spoke to the engineer bloke, I asked if it was a baffle and would it hinder performance/breathing and he said it was and it wouldn't make much difference.

There have been 2 threads this morning stating that the centre section has a cat in it, but surely the mechanic blokey would have said, "no, it's a cat" - it's a significant component, eh?!

Is it a baffle or a cat?

a confused Fosters with a MY00[/quote]

Old 16 January 2001, 10:11 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Fosters it is a cat. The 00 also has two small resonators, but these will not affect performance.