Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Air filter and exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2003, 08:11 AM
Crazycar
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Recently purchased a new WRX 03, finally having completed my first 1000 miles and service. I am now looking at replacing the airfilter panel and the back box on the exhaust. The car is excellent, handles a dream after driving around in a 200sx. Said I would leave the car standard, but a couple of minor mods here and there never does any harm.
Any advice on products available or what people have fitted on their WRX would be good.
Old 04 December 2003, 09:32 AM
DubaiNeil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazy,

The first decision to make is how important is the warranty to you. If you change the backbox and airfilter you will invalidate the warranty, and any subsequent claims will most likely not be honoured.
To retain the warranty (as I understand it) the only choice would be to have the PPP kit installed by the dealer. This will improve performance, and add noise.
If you are not bothered about the warranty the ITG panel filter appears to be well regarded, and any of the reputablesuppliers can suggest many different back boxes.
Try using the search facility to find peoples favourites, based on the required noise level!
Old 04 December 2003, 01:40 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I was told yesterday by a dealer that just changing the backbox will *not* invalidate the warranty. I had him go check this as well.

The reason was that it did not alter the engine management, apparently. Basically, he said a backbox was fine but i wasn't allowed to decat it or anything like that...

I haven't got it in writing though, so I would still change back to the old exhaust (if i ever changed my backbox, which I haven't) if i was to make a warranty claim