Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

lambda sensor not working

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2000, 06:40 PM
juan marti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Hello, I have a MY 99 with scoobysport backbox and air filter plus a hesitating engine.
As I live in Majorca and we only have one dealership, and it happens to be crap, I had my car checked by Central Motors where I know they are truly proffesional. They found everything OK but the Lambda Sensor, it does not switch,normally they switch between 0,2v and 0,8 volts around 5 times per second, so the car under light throttle is running with a very weak mixture and according to them that could be the reason why my engine is hesitating so badly.
They told me as well that the blackbox does not identify any errors on the lambda sensor because is actually working, but not switching.
I would appreciate if anyone else that has had a problem like mine could help.
Old 18 January 2000, 08:07 PM
Lee
Scooby Regular

As the self-appointed king of lambda-sensor troubles its only fair I reply...

get it swapped under warranty. Mine was duff, and you are right..the ECU does not seem to care or light the check-engine light.

at tick over the thing flips between 0 and 0.7V, however when running the voltage is stable.

My sensor was OK until you heated it up with some mild acceleration then it started reporting duff information. Mark (R19KET) also had a similar problem.

makes you wonder how many people have duff sensors and just dont know it.
Old 19 January 2000, 09:06 AM
juan marti
Scooby Newbie

Lee, thank you for the info about the Lamda, my dealer in Mallorca do not even own a proper oscilloscope to measure the lambda, but they agreed to replace the lambda under warranty but it will be fitted by the garage that discovered the sensor not working.
I have been told that one of the reasons because the sensor got damaged is because is so close to the turbo, maybe an excess of temperature?

Thank you