Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Pipercross Induction

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 1999, 09:44 PM
GRANT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Having ordered a induction kit from Demon Tweeks for my MY99 I tried to fit it tonight only to find that the aluminium adaptor to connect the cone to the inlet pipe was completely the wrong size .
The Model of the kit is PK068.
The only thing to do was to connect the cone with the old flexi rubber pipe, the problem being that the cone is now not held in place as it will not line up with the bracket supplied.
Having said that you get a great noise but you also get a thud from the engine bay every time you go over a bump as the aluminium airbox hit the inside wing.
Has anybody else tried to fit this kit and more important is this the right version.
Old 02 September 1999, 01:13 AM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Grant.

Surely if the've sent you the wrong one, it would be better NOT to use it and send it back/replace it. Now you've been using it/thudding it, you'll have little chance of getting it sorted!
If it's not secured, DO NOT use it. It may sound great, but it won't be doing your turbo much good if it comes off and something gets in!!

Stef.
Old 03 September 1999, 10:54 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I have this kit fitted to my 1.8 GL, and I had to "modify" the retaining metal strip (the one painted black that you screw into the old airbox holes and attach to the filter with the bolts supplied), it worked fine after this
Old 03 September 1999, 04:07 PM
tel
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I have fitted one of these to my STI V and it needed drilling with new holes to line up with the holes on the air metering unit. I then made a new support bracket with galvanised strapping (from builders merchants). Works really well and has increased the mid-range torque and better fuel economy.
I got fed up with waiting for pipercross to produce the kit for the STI V which was at least 8 months.