Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Decat before Ecutek

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2003, 05:51 PM
sapkan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I am about to fit a decat DP as well as a decat 2piece centre section to my WRX MY03. As far as I know this will trigger the Cel light. I have planned a mail order Ecutek as well and was wondering whether it is a good idea to fit the pipes before the Ecutek.

Is it just a warning light or does it actually trigger a limp home mode dropping boost ect???
Old 30 October 2003, 08:42 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Sapkan

The CEL light will not do anything other than light up. You can get a CEL fix for it.

Your car will not react any differently other than in a positive way Bear in mind that if the error code doesn't get cleared then you will never know whether you are having probs in other areas as the light will already be on.

I would suggest a custom re-map and not an off the shelf map. A custom map will be tailored to your car, de-cat and all. The off the shelf wont be, nor will it take "full advantage" of the de-cat.

Another thing to remember is that your re-mapper (on a custom re-map....say Ecutek 3) will clear the CEL by cancelling out the error code which was produced by the de-cat. Thus leaving your CEL light in tact and ready to come on for any real probs in the future

Pete
Old 31 October 2003, 09:50 AM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Arrow

No problem at all, your mapper will clear once and for ever any CEL codes and adjust rear O2 sensor thresholds.
JIM