Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

k&n induction help

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2003, 05:56 PM
pan93wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi folks , just recently brought a k&n induction kit for my93wrx. the item wasn't boxed (but was new) so not 100% sure if it's the right one for my import. on the k&n site there are two different part numbers for european and import , is there really much difference in these kits? also in the rubber intake hose there are two holes , one for the irv feed hose and the smaller one ??!! . what is the smaller hole for?
comments greatly appreciated.
pete
Old 09 October 2003, 08:26 PM
timmyjmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

write m8 i got the same -93 wrx and had a k&n fitted. i will hav a look on sat take a poloroid and scan it, email it to u to see if that any help 2 u.
Old 09 October 2003, 09:58 PM
pan93wrx
Scooby Regular

Talking

cheers mate , any info would be great.
Old 10 October 2003, 09:05 AM
timmyjmy93wrx
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

no probs, i had trouble getting hold of one cause companies couldnt match the car with a product number but i found a good supplier who know's his stuff and he fitted for me at his shop! but i did watch and take note cause i usually fit them myself!
P.S. mite be good idea to put intake cleaner through it when ure old airbox is off, to give the MAF sensor a good clean!

its quite a large cone with a bolt at the end to connect to the inside of the wing with a little black bracket. The cone will cover half of the air intake pipe that comes in through the wing. it quite a tight fit too. the cone also needs to have a whole cut in the rubber base for one of the air pipes.
Rite nxt bit to try an help!:
the resonator gets removed. and you get a hard piece of wide black pipe to put in its place and a piece of pipe will go into that. Now from the engine there will be another pipe to match, turn this around so the bends go the other way, u will then connect this to the other with a small interconnect pipe supplied and clamp with jubilee clips.
You may find that the large bit of plastic pipe is a very tight fit to the maf sensor unit but it will go on with persuation!
From the top of me head thats all i can remember till i look 2moz.
hope it helps
if any1 can see i missed a bit please add!
Tim