Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Please Please Please can sum1 help me

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2003, 06:59 PM
teddy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I have a 97p imprezza, and it is overboosting badly, anything up to 1.3 bar, which would be good if it would hold it but it dont, it causes the car to cut out till it backs down tonormal boost.

I have tried everything, changed everypart going, and still it overboosts, i removed the boost controller, and it boosts up 2 0.5 bar smoothly and perfectly, so i replaced the controller, but it still does it, i have removed and replaced every part going, so any 1 got any ideas? any 1 else had this problem?. i basically cannot put my foot to the floor.

Only thing i can think of now is a duff wire or summat???
Old 21 September 2003, 07:27 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

We can't help you unless you give us all the relevant information. We're not mind-readers you know!

What do you mean by you "removed the boost controller"? Does your car have an aftermarket boost controller on it or are you talking about the factory fit boost control solenoid?

If you're talking about the factory solenoid, it's probably dirty. Use the Search button to find some cleaning instructions.

If that doesn't sort it, check the tubing between the pressure take-off on the compressor and the wastegate actuator for leaks.

[Edited by greasemonkey - 9/21/2003 7:28:34 PM]
Old 21 September 2003, 08:29 PM
teddy
Scooby Newbie

hiya m8 sorry , yeah standard 1, i did all u said i also changed the solenoids etc with some of another car, even put a computer thing on it to see what ECU was up 2, done it all, my m8 who works a KT green as a mechanic (imprezza dealers) been looking at it and he 2 is baffled now, and he has changed everything, off new cars for me and still no luck

Basically u can floor it in 1st & 2nd, but 3rd 4th & 5th just boost way up to 1.3 bar, and even did 1.5 (not good)

there is nothing non standard on the car itself but a pipercross induction kit
Old 21 September 2003, 08:53 PM
tweenierob
Scooby Regular

Have you changed ALL of the wastegate pipework??
If the Turbo boosts to .5bar with it running direct then you can illiminate the actuator, if the pipe to the actuator is blocked it will boost high. As well as the pipe from the compressor.

Rob