Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Idle problem + exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2003, 04:18 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took my car into Subaru on saturday, because my brakelight fuse kept blowing. The lad there got all my dash out etc and tested it and found a dodgy connection near the fusebox.

Great i thought, and off i went on my merry way to buy a new exhaust. Got 100yrds down the road and the ABS light came on, so i went back! He plugged in the computer and messed about for a while, then the car started hunting for idle. He said he can't fix it and i would have to return in the week for someone more experienced to look at it

I continued off to get my new exhaust (with no ABS and a car that keeps stalling/hunting!). I now have a custom backbox and its sweet

Anyway, i gotta go back in the week for them to look at the car - do i take the backbox off and stick my P1 box back on? i.e. will they try to blame that, even though it was doing it BEFORE i got the exhaust. I dont want them farking about with my warranty!!!

Andy
Old 22 June 2003, 08:23 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Who knows with the BB... Depends on the dealer, I suppose. As it's such a simple job, I'd probably swap them over to stop any possible hassle, but if you don't like rummaging around under a car, you may have other ideas about that
Do you know if the power was disconnected with the tests behind the dash? I'd guess 'yes', in which case if it was disconnected for long enough, the ECU could have been cleared in which case it'll have 'forgotten' how to get around a misreading sensor somewhere. So you'll get hunting, etc.
Old 22 June 2003, 10:43 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Cheers, looks like it would be best to swap it over for this one!

Andy
Old 24 June 2003, 01:07 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Found a friend of a friend that works for a trye and exhaust place so he swapped it over and back for free.

As for the problem, it was the dreaded MAF. Warranty was fine with my decat centre and P1 backbox, phew!!!

Andy