Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

can anyone help??????

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2003, 12:31 PM
timbow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just about to pick up brand new sti and when i spoke to the sevice manager at subaru about fiting a blitz nur spec r to the above he advised me not to at the moment because there was reports and an enquiry going on saying that if you changed your exhaust from non standard the engine could pack up!!!!!!(possibly to do with no. 4 piston). Has anyone else heard anything??? and whats it to do with?????? (i heard it could be to do with if you change the downpipe)
Any views on this would greatly be appreciated.
Old 09 June 2003, 01:00 PM
Daz WRX
Scooby Regular

Cant tell for sure but sounds like a load of BS, probably cos your'll void the warranty by fitting non Subaru parts and the dealers would much prefer yo to pay out for PPP rather then take your business elsewhere.

Cheers
Daz.
Old 10 June 2003, 12:55 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Yep he is talking B#llocks.I bet if you asked about the WR BB he would gladly fit it and take your money.
If its the dealer in Newcastle U L they have no idea in my experiance,he told me that Morette headlights didnt fit the MY01 even though they were already on my car and better still, fitted to one of the demo cars outside.

Zippy