Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

PPP Availability???

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2003, 10:54 AM
Scoomacher
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hmmmm.I decided to go for the PPP for my 02 STi. Nice New Year bonus for the dealer...or so I thought.'Sorry sir we're looking at a 12 week delivery'. Same story from other dealers so it appears nobody wants to take my money right now. I'm told it's because the dealers in general haven't sent back the replaced (exchanged) ECU's for re-mapping and its delayed the whole process. How can that be when there is £2000 (£1995.00 incl fitting and vat!) of easy money at stake here.Suggestions on a postcard please.

See'suspension'discussion group for same story on ProDrive springs.
Old 03 January 2003, 11:26 AM
UKType
Scooby Regular

Quite a few people have decided to let the dealer have their car for a few days and they send the ECU off to be upgraded by Prodrive rather than wait for one of the spare ones to become available. Having mine done week after next. Of course doesnt help if its the only car and you need it every day!!!
Old 03 January 2003, 12:04 PM
Rich B
Scooby Regular

I ordered mine in September and still was told 12 weeks in december.

What you can do is to get your dealer to request that you have it done at Prodrive. You take the car there, wait a couple of hours and drive off in your PPP'd STI.

My dealer couldn't really be arsed to do it so I called Prodrive and spoke to Mike Wood about it. Booked in for next Friday.

HTH!
Old 05 January 2003, 10:20 PM
Scoomacher
Scooby Newbie

Thanks RichB.
Seems like that might be the only way to speed up the process. Would you mind using this thread to let me know how you get on and what the results are like in terms of performance increase (subjective I know - I'm not expecting a full dyno graph!).Have you upgraded the ICE on your car?
Cheers
Scooie