Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

possible gearbox req

Search this Thread

Old 25 December 2002, 09:27 PM
sti4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Took a mate for a steady drive this evening turned down a side road in second and put my foot down in second and then changed into third and got some major judder(got a ap 4 paddle so used to a little bit) about 100 metres up road i had slowed down and all of a sudden there was was this clattering noise.

I pulled over and couldn't see a thing, the noise deffo appeared to be coming from the right hand side of the car, the wheels are tight as is the caliper, I pulled off and didn't get anymore noise, then it appeared and dissapeared just as quick, lasting about 2 sec,s

Has any one a clue what it can be, The noise was really metallic, I thought the pins that hold the pads had come out and caught on the wheel but they are all fine

Am going to get the car on a ramp tomorrow and have a look but has this happened to any one else?
Old 26 December 2002, 10:53 AM
Shropshire-Guy
Scooby Regular

Could be a bit off rust dropped off disc and got stuck either in backplate or calliper mate. I changed front wheel bearing on mine terrible noise i thought what the fxxk was that. Came back took wheel off and sure enought rust off edge off disc dropped down in caliper seat.

Hope its that anyway for u and not major £££££££ to be spent

Cheers
Steve.

Happy new year to you
Old 26 December 2002, 11:17 AM
sti4
Scooby Regular

What a TIT, just been to my garage,opened the bonnet and the bonnet stay had popped out of it's holder and was resting on the AC pump, AM thinking with the vibration it popped out and hit the pump.

Just took it out for a spirited drive and all is well, so got my fingers crossed at the moment