Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Blitz SUS - Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2002, 03:03 PM
---=CeeDee=---
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have picture of their engine bay with Blitz SUS installed...pre my96 impreza type...please...please

Anyway i have bought Blitz SUS for pre my96 model and if i follow instructions i end up with two unconected hoses (purges) and i have to remove big elbow hose from MAF to that plastic box and that oval plastic box....but than i cant connect MAF to new position and even if i manage to do that i cant tighten SUS with brackets i got with it...and even if i manage that i will still have two hoses that where originaly connected bbetween MAF and that plastic oval box and second one that was connected to that plastic box...any advice on install or picture of finished install would be of great help...thanks upfront
Old 17 December 2002, 03:31 PM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi m8,

Is this what you mean? I think you've removed too much OEM stuff mate!

Cheers

Rich
Old 17 December 2002, 03:51 PM
---=CeeDee=---
Scooby Regular

Judging by your picture i obviously took a lot more than i needed...i will try again but please if you have some more pictures (where you connected SUS and with which bracket) please fill free to fill my inbox....anything can help....thanks m8...thanks a lot on fast reply...
Old 18 December 2002, 04:36 PM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

The filter is connected to the engine.

A metal bracket is provided and it can be secured by a small nut that holds your header tank on (I think).

I'll try to find some other photos

Cheers

Rich
Old 26 December 2002, 12:34 PM
---=CeeDee=---
Scooby Regular

first...thanks Rich...i managed to get that SUS inside ...it's a bit different position than yours but it's there...one question though...i see u get some more air trough that silver-flexi-tube...but from where ?? (i assume it's a stupid question but...)
thanks upfront.

btw. i do have dawes set to 1.1b (5th) and it was running ok according to AFR before Blitz...now i think it leaned a bit (how about yours?)..i do also get that power-surge thing more obvious now in 1st/2nd gear (skip a bit on 4k rpm than rush to redline in notime...any fix for that..sticky blowoff??)