Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

T75 Downpipe Knocking

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2002, 10:54 PM
IainP
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All

I have a Power Engineering T75 Downpipe and when installed found it knocked against the steering knouckle near where the T75's 2nd Dump pipe is. I squashed this pipe slightly and this helped but it is still noticeable when going round corners. I have tried altering its position within the adjustment of the brackets. I asked P.E. and they hadn't heard of it apart from once when a car was running a odd steering knuckle. My car is a UK car.

I am very pleased with the performance of the Downpipe and want to sort this.

Has anybody had the same problem or have any ideas. I thought maybe engine mountings?

Cheers
Old 08 October 2002, 12:27 AM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think power engineering should take responsability for this, as it is a common problem. Ive seen it on a few cars. To say that the have never seen it, is rubbish. If you had bought a Magnex, and half the price, you wouldnt have had any probs.
I wouldnt recommend driving too much, until it is fixed, as it could potentially be dangerous, if it jammed the steering knuckle, or possible even break it. Squashing the twin dump is a bit pointless. Why did you buy a twin dump, if you are going to squash it???
On my own car, I was given a twin dump exhaust ( mongoose i think, but very very similar to the PE T75 ), and it fouled. I cut it off, and welded it up with only the single pipe as the twin fouled my steering. Absolutely no difference in performance. I only used the exhaust because it was free, otherwise I wouldnt waste my money. Id buy a Magnex or similar
Old 08 October 2002, 01:04 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation

Do a search Iain, I think there were reported heat problems as well.

F