Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

FMIC Water Spray (temps)

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2002, 11:03 PM
Moles Dad
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Finished the 3rd prototype water spray today, went out tonight to check the temperature drops.

Had a wee go with an R1 up the lanes...was showing 28.3 after that and then a clear road driving quite hard saw temps of 30.2....sprayed and after 3 to 4 secs saw temps drop by 1 to 2 degs.

It is difficult to 'prove' that this works as sometimes just finding a flatter bit of road can reduce the engine load thus the temp.

It does now spray most of the surface of the intercooler and I suppose must have a positive effect ???

So to conclude, since fitting the temperature sensor I have learnt that the front mount does work very well, and with the water spray it seems to be a little better.

My driving 'style' of short full boost 'blasts' as opposed to 'ballsout' flat on the floor long runs means that even with the 'hot' TD04L turbo, I can benefit from the performance of 1.3bar and not suffer too much with higher temps.

I suspect that a track day will show the real downside of the TD04L with temps that is.

Anyroadup, seems ok for now...looking forward to the PE rolling road day to find out what we have now