Notices
Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

For John Banks Tek 2.5 ?

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2002, 10:32 PM
scobymars
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you know I have a tek 2( with no speed limiter) With my father we find out that he got one of those **** 782/802 would be intresting ordering one of your Tek 2.5 with 17,5 boost with speed limiter off.
How can we manage that and how much will it cost?
Do you work the same way as Ecutek 300 deposit for the ecu that we will get back when we send you back the ecu or do we have to send 782 to be flash?

Waiting for your answer
Fabien
Old 10 August 2002, 12:35 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can reflash your Tek 2 (with no speed limiter) and increase the boost achieve to 17,5 PSI and increase the duty cycles for £150.

I can reflash your original AE782/802 to the same spec for £500.

I can either reprogram an ECU you send me or receive yours by return. Since I don't have credit card facilities, we will have to consider the best method of payment (international money/postal order?)

There are two problems I must point out however:

1. Although I set the boost achieve to 17,5 PSI or whatever, this does not mean it will achieve this because of limitations in the boost control of the ECU - it could be more or less depending on temperature and exhaust modifications. It will run more than Tek 2 on the same car because the duty cycles are higher, but exactly how much cannot be known until it goes on the car. The ideal would be that in present conditions it maybe runs between 16-17 PSI - this gives it room to increase in winter.

2. This ECU map has only been tested in the UK where it is clearly a fair bit colder. Whilst there are some people that run their boost very high in France without issue (eg 20 PSI), some of the Australians like to limit themselves to about 16 PSI because of the risk of detonation in very harsh conditions. With this in mind, I think you should decide if you want to go as high as a Tek 2.5, and if so I suggest you install a Knocklink since the ECU does not always pick up detonation. It maybe that sticking with Tek 2 levels of boost is safer, but you cannot say until you try it and see if there are any detonation issues. Now clearly I have not been mapping cars in the UK that if they go to the continent for a holiday are likely to have issues, but it eats a little into the wide safety margin I have left, and in your very hot conditions makes sense to be a little more cautious.

Another option for you is to use a Dawes manual boost controller with a 1,5mm bleed hole with a Knocklink and Tek 2 and adjust as you see fit. This way you would have control over your boost level yourself.

I know I am talking myself out of potential sale here, but there you go. What do you think?
Old 12 August 2002, 11:15 AM
scobymars
Scooby Regular

The Tek 2.5 is not for me as I said but for my father who as got a 782 now.
As he needs is car evry day to work, can you do the same way as ecutek wich is: they send a modify ecu I payed 500 + 300 deposit and they send me back deposit when they recieve the 782.

If you want to contact me direct
f.vollenweider@tiscali.fr
Old 12 August 2002, 11:26 AM
scobymars
Scooby Regular

I forgot to tell you that we put on our cars an electrical gate on the hase between soleinoide and the T so that we can from the dashboard cut the OE bleed and then drive with 0,5 bar from long journey on motorway at 200km/h.
I think it's more safe and more economicale.
Old 12 August 2002, 12:22 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

Scobymars

Any pics of the economy device?

What parts do you use and where from please?

F
Old 12 August 2002, 12:43 PM
scobymars
Scooby Regular

I use one electricale gate from alarm to cut the arrival of diesel.
You can by it from any alarm suplier.
You have to put it on the hose between soleinoide and T (turbo to wastgate)put wire to get 12 volt on it and then put a switch on the dash boards. when it's on power your soleinoide is working normaly when it 's of no more bleeding frome soleinoide so wast gate stay open thats should give you about 8 PSI boost so you care is about 180 Hp.
That is making your car run more economical and make your turbo run slower wich is good for is life and less high EGT.

This is good when your are driving long journey at constant high speed. my car can still go 230 Km/h onthis mod and if I need to pass a car I just switch on.

This keep your engine in good condition for the small road where you need the full power.
Old 12 August 2002, 01:21 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scoobymars you will have mail in a few minutes.