5mt Clutch Slave Pin Help

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2017, 08:07 PM
hamzi95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5mt Clutch Slave Pin Help

Hi,

I replaced the gearbox on my car roughly a year back, and in that time, due to the lack of my experience at the current time, i didnt mess with the clutch. the previous owner told me it was a like new paddle clutch.

Fast forward to now my clutch is slipping.

Now when i had this (new) gearbox delivered to me i had to tap the clutch fork pin out from the back, then i swapped the clutch fork pin, TOB, and clutch fork over for the old gearbox, sanded it down and lubed it up and tried to slide it in, but it didnt go, so i then tapped it in with a hammer. i then tapped it out again in a hope to get it to slide in easily with only my hand force and get the job done right.

Nope, couldn't get it to happen and i had to tap it in by hammer, and now comes the day where i need to do the clutch.

Now i put the bolt from the timingbelt cover in and pryed at it from the opposite side with a pry bar, and i almost nearly snapped the bolt, but i managed to get it out, leaving the clutch fork wristpin undamaged, phew.

im going to hit it with wd40 everyday until my day off.

anyone encountered this, if so can you suggest to me the best/safest way to get it out?

unfortunately, i've no engine removal tools yet.