Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Gear Box Change

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2016, 09:21 AM
ihboyrude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear Box Change

Right guys so its looking like I might have to change my gear box, I typed out a big scroll explaining what happened etc but ill chop it down because I got logged out coz I took to long to type it last time haha. crashed car into kerb, fixed everything had the tracking done, drives like it did. But now I have a droning noise that sounds like a bearing or warped disc. But its not that. (All have been replaced and Checked) So between me and 3 mechys we think its the box, but ill find out later tonight when I drain it and run a magnet through the old stuff to see what comes out.
So my question is basically what am I looking at for a half decent box (60-80k on it) for a blob eye wrx 5 speed box and what other issues I may run into changing it? Or if I should just cut my losses.

cheers guys
Old 07 December 2016, 11:16 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well first off you need to make sure you buy one with the right code which starts in ty54.

Beyond that you should be able to pick one up off one of the breakers on here for around £300 mark I would say, just buy from a reputable source with a returns policy.
Old 07 December 2016, 01:39 PM
Jimmyrallye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me personally I would fit a new clutch if the box is off and hasn't been done recently