Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Hawk push type clutch squeek

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2015, 11:01 PM
TypeR99
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hawk push type clutch squeek

me and my mate spent the weekend fitting a new clutch to his hawkeye and now has an annoying problem.

Its a 2.0 non turbo and has the push clutch system that doesnt have a pivot pin for the fork (same as hatch?)

After fitting it we started the car and after 5 mins of idling the bearing started to tweet like a bird, which then became a full on squeal. If you barely touch the clutch pedal or the top of the fork it stops. When the engine was out and we put the new bearing on it all mounted up ok, and its not a faulty bearing, but its like the clutch cylinder is pushing the fork too hard and you cant back it off.

I've only ever seen the old type clutches where the bearing goes into the plate and has a spring on the fork. His hawk one doesnt have a spring and it seems like the bearing isnt getting pushed far enough away from the plate.

We bled the cylinder, slackened off the 2 mounting bolts to see if there was adjustment but there isnt any, and now when the car is in gear or your foots off the clutch the noise is a mare.

Is this a common thing or have we missed something? Really dont want to have to take the engine out again if we can help it and have come up with a temporary spring on it but surely we shouldnt have to do that?

Got us a bit stumped and my mate hates driving it at the moment