Gearbox problem? Or driveshaft? Help

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2014, 09:25 PM
Ali1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearbox problem? Or driveshaft? Help

Hi there I've got a problem with my 94 impreza turbo, import

My Kuzan was driving the car at about 4-5mph and he heard a pop and then a rubber burning smell he said, he parked the car up just about and since then it won't drive any more? It goes in gear but doesn't drive, when putting it in first it goes about half a foot forwerd and the diff locks up? And the car just rocks forwerd and back words like something is stopping it? Why is that? I had the car jacked up and there is a oil leak near the drive shaft, where the teeth are? ( don't no how else to describe it) it's a golden colour oil,

I had someone from RAC come out and check he reckons it's the transfer box, and he said usually the transfer box is on the side of the gearbox he said I'm mine it's in the gearbox , is that correct? And because of that he said il need a new gear box?

But then after ringing scooby clinic they said my car doesn't have a transfer box ? I sent them a picture of the oil leak and they said it's a failed driveshaft seal?

Everyone is telling me different things, would my car stop driving because of this ? Or is my gearbox f*cked?

Someone help? I'm stuck, I've spent **** loades on this car already to get it to the standerd it's in now and I wanna keep it that way but this problem has occurred and want it sorting out asap and want it on the road again,

Thanks guys ino it's abit long but il appreciate it if someone can help me