Legacy with a Steering Wheel Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2014, 12:51 AM
dave_anto364
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legacy with a Steering Wheel Vibration

Hi All,

New here but just starting having trouble with my 2007 Legacy Limited 2.5. Has a vibration in the steering wheel at 35 to about 65 miles, it is very noticeable. I first thought it might be a rotor, I had one wheel with a lot of brake dust, so I put in two new calipers, rotors and pads in the front. Although it has not fixed the issue. Is there a way to test for the cv jionts, because in searching the forum it appears it may be these. I have lift the front wheels (bot at same time) up and have tried to move the wheel in and out - hands at 12 and 6 and 3 and 9 pushing in and out, but there is no movement. The wheels do spin but they do have some play before they do spin. I have also noticed a click when I put it into reverse - and it is an automatic - sorry for not mentioing that earlier and it has 110K on it. I also dealing with an oil leak which appears to be coming from the drivers side head gasket, just oil no antifreeze as of yet. Oh and it got a new (3000 miles) set of tires which I rotated after the brake work just incase of a out of balance situation. And lastly, I think it is the drive belt is in need of a change - it squeels and steering is difficult at idle, give it some gas and it ismuch better. So have some work ahead but I want to get it all the parts ordered at once so if you think I should go forward with the cv's then I will order them with the rest of the parts.

Any help would be great.

Dave

07 Legacy
02 Forrester