Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

TDI....Lakeside :)

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2008, 10:53 PM
BGH1R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TDI....Lakeside :)

popped down to torque developements during my break today...spoke to sean there who owns a scooby and showed me around the place looks great spent about 45mins talking to him about scoobs i gota say he knows his stuff they deal with roger clarke motorsport aswel and deal with HKS direct although there products can be expensive but sean told me there quality

i'd recommend them to anyone if they were looking for a place in the south east area

they charge £80+vat an hour

hope that helps
Old 23 October 2008, 10:40 PM
madwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no offence mate but those labour costs really add up most proper subaru tuners charge circa £30 an hour less...
when i last looked at tdi they were more setup for fitting boost&fuel controllers rather than proper programmable ecus. hks is just one of dozens of manufacturers that supply parts for jap turbos .but you pays your money...
Old 23 October 2008, 11:02 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BGH1R
popped down to torque developements during my break today...spoke to sean there who owns a scooby and showed me around the place looks great spent about 45mins talking to him about scoobs i gota say he knows his stuff they deal with roger clarke motorsport aswel and deal with HKS direct although there products can be expensive but sean told me there quality

i'd recommend them to anyone if they were looking for a place in the south east area

they charge £80+vat an hour

hope that helps
No doubt they are good mate but that is a lot for an independent. Most Franchise dealers around the Midlands are charging around about that.
Old 29 October 2008, 11:02 PM
T123VOR
Scooby Regular

I thought they seemed dear too when i had a look the other day?

I'd need to hear a few more good things over a cheaper tuner before I went there I think

but that said i emailed about a query I had and I received a long and prompt reply