Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Zen Performance

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2008, 10:26 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Zen Performance

Took the car last Thursday to have the cambelt done, new radiator, cooltherm stat, coolant hoses replaced etc - also to check over and build up a gearbox that is now for sale (UK 5 speed with STI RA gearset if anyone is interested..).

Many thanks to Gareth, Tim Paul and Liz (no particular order ) for the thoroughly professional service they provide, need a better coffee maker though

Hats off to Gareth and Tim for the eagle eyed spotting and repairing of a 2mm by 20mm slotted hole in my FMIC piping. This is the pipe that runs between the cam covers and the rad fan housing - this housing had been rubbing against the ali pipe, over time sawing the hole in it. Although my car was making target boost, it was making it come in late - the drive home compounded that - 6th really did feel like 4th, and 4th? well...

Great thing was this service was done days before a driver training / sprint event, the car performed faultless all day (as expected) - my new found area under the graph helped me to 4th overall, 2nd fastest impreza behind a Type R entered for this seasons Jap sprint championship.

Anyway back to Zen - usually I do my own servicing / ancillary mods etc, but with the big jobs where I haven't got the time / resources (or I fear the consequences of not having a daily driver if I **** it up!) then I happily do the 228 mile round trip to Zen.

They fitted a USDM 6 speed DCCD gearbox without issue last time I went, this time they found and fixed an unknown problem during a routine service.

Always helpful, happy to chat, great to see the TA car in the flesh

Cheers guys
Old 13 February 2008, 05:47 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Smile friday

Picking mine up friday been there since 04/01/08 re build and few other bits ill let u know the outcome, first time i used zen see if he can make me happy ????
Old 13 February 2008, 06:39 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Think you`ll find plenty of ppl very happy With work carried out on their cars at Zen,had a gearbox rebuild a couple of yr ago along with exedy clutch/lightened flywheel, cars been fine since wouldnt hesitate to go bk for more work if/when needed.

Whilst ive owned mine its only ever been to RCMS or Zen, the best thing about both places is you can tell if ever there were a problem they`d put themselves out to sort it (Bonus with Paul(zen) is his prices are more affordable)

Last edited by ukdave; 13 February 2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 13 February 2008, 07:43 PM
blacky555uk
Scooby Regular

Good to hear good service for the Zen crew

Nice to meet you Sunday Justin, and its a RA with the dodgy IC pipes!!!

Your car was going well! Good little sleeper, looks standard, but goes like a banshee!

Last edited by blacky555uk; 13 February 2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 13 February 2008, 09:16 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Cheers, I dread to think what time you would have done with a few more runs under your belt - interesting thread RE Mikalor clamps on 22B
Old 14 February 2008, 11:59 AM
blacky555uk
Scooby Regular

Probably would of just taken ou more cones!! Yes, the Mikalors are coming off!!! Need to get the pipes straightened out and a bead of weld on teh end of the offending one + a longer piece of Samco, should hopefully sort the issue!

Just ordered a H&S downpipe this morning!