Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Crossroads Garage, Shipston on Stour

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2005, 12:26 AM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Crossroads Garage, Shipston on Stour

I need to get some feedback on people who have bought cars and had ANY aftersales issues with this dealership. Please feel free to contact me either by e-mail or pm if you don't want to post on here.

Thanks
Old 04 January 2005, 12:29 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Jon Mathers TOP BLOKE

TOP DEALER
Old 04 January 2005, 08:37 AM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

I know some of the WR1 owners use them and have been very pleased.
Old 04 January 2005, 02:45 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Talking

Agreed - Jon Mathers is a top bloke. It is so rare to find a main dealer of ANY brand to be so passionate about what they are selling. Most dealers only got into the Impreza on the back of the early WRC cars and are still more used to dealing with ISUZU's and those weird Subaru pick-up's than performance cars.

I will make a exception for John. He risked a lot to buy that dealership and turn it around.

I bought my STi 8 PPP from him in November 2003 and know at least 3 others who have had similar happy dealings there. What make it more interesting is that we all live in Leeds, and yet we are happy to travel

Cheers

TONY
Old 04 January 2005, 03:36 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when fenny compton garage was open you got a better trade in price and a better price on the new car there in my experience. have found this twice when buying imprezas.

they were always helpful when looking around cars and know what they are talking about (which is more than most main dealers). there are always lots of customers there so they must be doing something right.

spare parts are expensive e.g spark plugs 66 quid as opposed to 22 from a local motor factors for the same plugs. sevicing seems expenive when compared to an independent. but they are a main dealer so this is expected.
Old 06 January 2005, 01:10 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

fenny compton have closed down Shame really as they were mod friendly
Old 07 January 2005, 02:52 PM
scooby-k
Scooby Regular

so is crossroads. (mod friendly) they sell aftermarket exhausts, decats and dump valves. I've only had dealings with listers, carstins and crossroads and crossroads gets my vote
ken
Old 16 January 2005, 08:04 PM
Mickle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by austen_wrx
fenny compton have closed down Shame really as they were mod friendly
I'm glad to see the back of them, I tried to get a window replaced on warranty and they lead me up the garden path for weeks saying they've ordered the part etc etc. Eventually I got to a point where the warranty chap said windows weren't covered on warranty (after lying to my face about ordering it) and that if I tried to take the claim any further they'd tell IM about my decat exhaust! I told IM about everything including the exhaust to which the response was 'the window has nothing to do with an exhaust' and Carstins then sorted me out no problem.

So Fenny Compton -
Old 17 January 2005, 07:58 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mickle
I'm glad to see the back of them, I tried to get a window replaced on warranty and they lead me up the garden path for weeks saying they've ordered the part etc etc. Eventually I got to a point where the warranty chap said windows weren't covered on warranty (after lying to my face about ordering it) and that if I tried to take the claim any further they'd tell IM about my decat exhaust! I told IM about everything including the exhaust to which the response was 'the window has nothing to do with an exhaust' and Carstins then sorted me out no problem.

So Fenny Compton -
Nightmare! Just got my car back from Carstins after some warantee work on the gearbox, and very impressed with them
Old 17 January 2005, 08:59 AM
rgv_stu
Scooby Regular

crossroads are my localist scooby garage - what are they like for sevicing ??