Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

South London servicing

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2004, 08:37 PM
Shortboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South London servicing

It's service time again, and my old dealer (Spring Park) has sold-up. Can anyone recommend a good main dealer in the South London area?

Cheers guys.
Old 01 December 2004, 07:15 PM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Spring Park was also my old dealer, so was in the same position as you. Nearest is probably Cheam Motors. Just bought a WRX PPP from them, and would certainly recommend them. They completed a 10,000 mile service just fine.

Just for info, I understand that a new dealer is going to open in Badgers Mount.

GE90
Old 01 December 2004, 10:43 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Thumbs up

I'd 2nd Cheam motors, good bunch of guys.

Justin
Old 02 December 2004, 11:11 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Cheam Motors - Highly recommended!
Old 04 December 2004, 07:00 PM
Shortboy
Scooby Regular

Cheam Motors are the nearest to me - I just wanted an 2nd opinion before I handed the motor over. Cheers!
Old 04 December 2004, 07:45 PM
Jason Knowles
Scooby Regular

I used to use springpark as well got on well with martin their,new subaru main agent opening at badgers mount juust off a21 just the other side of bromley,before christmas.Ive been into the dealer their and they told me this.Its a toyota dealer at the moment.had my 1st service done at cheam motors on friday.service was ok but not as good as springpark,springpark new me by name which i liked,you only get this with a small dealer.Im sure the new dealer will be out to impress as they have already told me they will look after me.Im sure they will be after all the new customers they can get,which can only be good for all the local scoob owners
Old 04 December 2004, 09:48 PM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Martin Senior (from Spring Park) can now be found helping out at Cheam Motors, mostly at weekends.
Old 04 December 2004, 11:23 PM
Shortboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GE90
Martin Senior (from Spring Park) can now be found helping out at Cheam Motors, mostly at weekends.
What about Martin junior? Nice guy.
Old 05 December 2004, 09:13 AM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Career change. Agree, nice bloke.
Old 21 December 2004, 10:42 PM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Thought I would bring this back to the top - Spring Park was where I got my MY03 WRX from, and had my services at.

Agree with you Jason, great service and very personal - usually spoke to and dealt with Martin Junior and tended to have a decent chat with him every time I went in. Incidently, saw Keith at Haxted Rover a few weeks back (job took me there) - he sold me the WRX (I say sold.....wasnt much 'selling' involved really lol ).

Anyway, service time was looming, plus I have manic clutch slip atm to tomorrow was going to work out where to go and it seemed a trek was on the cards - but if this new one is opening up that would be ideal - know exactly where it is. But I was in there not long ago (work again) and it was still Toyota.....

I'll try to find out tomorrow what is happening but does anyone know what the word is on this one?

Many thanks,

John
Old 22 December 2004, 10:28 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

AnG Services but im biased
Old 24 December 2004, 09:52 AM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Sorry I have no idea of time scales, but Martin Senior confirmed that the garage in Badgers Mount is to be Subaru dealer.

Perhaps Subaru could confirm..... Don't hold your breath though!

Agree, always had great service from Spring Park. Bought my first Scooby new from there, and always used them for services etc. Shame, as it was right on my door step!

Merry Christmas all.
Old 26 December 2004, 05:24 PM
Shortboy
Scooby Regular

....and a happy new year.

By the way, I got the scoob serviced at Cheam Motors as per scoobynetters recommendations. I have to say I'm reasonably impressed - ok, they might not know me by my first name or make me a cuppa like Spring Park used to, but still a good service, including some warranty work with no fuss or problems.
Old 27 December 2004, 11:08 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

They will Give Jim (Parts Manager) a few months and he'll welcome you into the showroom with open arms and a copy of the latest styling catalogue from Japan

Always seems to cost me money when I goto Cheam Motors (incidently, both my Scoobs have come from them and if I decide to have another one, no doubt it will come from them again). Recommended.

Chris
Old 15 January 2005, 08:49 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Well, the clutch slip I mentioned in this thread before Christmas turned into clutch failure on Christmas Eve.

In truth, Subaru Assist where excellent and I was picked up with 30 mins more or less. The guy that picked me up said that the Badgers Mount one was to be a Citroen/Subaru garage (seems an odd combo to me....) but the last time I drove past it looked 100% Citroen to me......??

Anyway, after Christmas Cheam Motors was the closest Subaru dealership to me to get my clutch done supposedly, according to Subaru Assist, who didnt know about anything at Badgers Mount........

Had good service from Cheam and would be more than happy to go back regularly, its just that it could be quite a trek and one at Badgers Mount would be so convenient for me in terms of both my home and where I work.

Does anyone have the latest on this?
Old 18 February 2005, 04:49 PM
Slap Head
Scooby Regular

Smile Fox Subaru (Badgers Mount)

Fox Subaru at Badgers Mount is now open, needed a new fog lamp and my 40,000 mile service is approaching rapidly . details of location and phone number www.subaru.co.uk.
Old 25 February 2005, 06:54 AM
**scrappy**
Scooby Regular

Talking FOX SUBARU

yes your find foxs up and running now
your also find some of the old faces there from spring park there like big tony in the workshop and peter in the parts the old team back together again

must be good news for all