Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Big thanks to Sparshatts of Botley

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2004, 02:27 PM
marklemac
Scooby Regular

Location: Southampton*** MY02 STi, Black/Blue Mica Prodrive Style, mildly modded :) :). ***
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Big thanks to Sparshatts of Botley

Thanks to Sparshatts for sorting out all my problems on my MY02 STi

They have fixed the rattling/creaking/knocking rear suspension.

Had a new clutch and flywheel fitted under warranty as my clutch was juddering (has done 30k). Gear changes are soo smooth now.

& they sent my ecu back to Prodrive and got it swapped over, as I was having mysterious boost problems. Very pleased about that. Car now seems to pull much better.
Old 18 February 2004, 06:34 PM
marklemac
Scooby Regular

Location: Southampton*** MY02 STi, Black/Blue Mica Prodrive Style, mildly modded :) :). ***

Well, the car has been transformed. Its like driving a different motor.

The gear changes are now soo smooth, no juddering, just a silky gear change, and the bite on the clutch is much lower than before which is a good thing.

So far so good on the clunking suspension. No noises so far.....

But the main thing is the car drives completely differently now I've had my ECU swapped out. I don't know whether my PPP was the old boost clamp version or not (had the PPP done last April) but now the power delivery is so much more progressive than before, and it doesn't want to hold back. It used to be a bit hesitant before and the boost was a bit hit and miss, but driving it today, all day, all I can say is that I am very happy. Maybe the ECU was faulty ? Maybe not. Who knows. All I can say is that the car is performing much better. Real test will be linking up my delta dash and doing some test runs and comparing to my previously stored results.

cheers :-)
Old 11 March 2004, 07:52 PM
marklemac
Scooby Regular

**Update**

Cluncking returned within 1 day of the fix, so car went back today to be looked at again. Reason for the 3 week delay is that I needed a loan car so I was prepared to wait until they had one.

Anyhow collected the car this evening and they reported that there were 3 things causing the clunking/creaking noises.

Apparently they had someone in the boot whilst they did a test drive to pin point the noises.

1. Rear Spoiler was not attached properly and was moving.

2. The boot did not fit properly and was rattling. Funny, as ever since I've had the car I've only needed to gently push the boot shut and it would click. People used to say to me, is that shut properly ? - I never even noticed !

Now I have to shut it hard, feels very firm.

3. Suspension "links". Not sure what they meant by this but it was on the paper work that I could see.

Anyhow, no noises yet, the next few days will confirm.