Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Beware!!! BE VERY AWARE

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2003, 09:38 PM
DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if i can mention names but i'm going to....

Back on 22nd October 2002 some silly cow in a KA ran up the back of me in my Legacy Estate and stuffed in the rear bumper and tail gate after speaking with Ford Insure about the silly cow, who she was insured with they told me to take it in to WEBBERS BODY SHOP in BASINGSTOKE, HAMPSHIRE. which i did on the 24th October, WEBBERS BODY SHOP were then given the go-ahead by ford insure on the 27th October to repair the car.

As i wanted a car when mine was in being rpaired i was told by WEBBERS BODY SHOP that i would not be booked in until the end of novemeber (can't remember the date now) on the night before the morning that i was due to take the car in for repair, WEBBERS BODY SHOP rang me to say that "one of the bumper trims had not yet come in, as soon as it comes in we shall make another date" a week later i rang WEBBERS BODY SHOP to ask what was happening they then told me that it is due in next week, therefore week can book your car in again, this time is it was the 18th December. "18TH, OF F**KING DECEMBER" I said!! how long do you want it for?

"A maximum of 3 days sir"

MAKE SURE IT IS AS I WANT IT BACK BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!

I got to the 17th and at 6PM that night i had a phone call from WEBBERS BODY SHOP to Say "one of the bumper trims had not yet come in, as soon as it comes in we shall make another date" as you can imagine i went F**KING MAD, after a long conversation they made another date of January 20th which i was not happy about.

In the meantime i had now spoken to Mill Lane Subaru dealer to find out if WEBBERS BODY SHOP had any Legacy rear bumper trims on order? to no surprise to me, they said NO!!!

I then rang around and asked if anyone can get all the trims ok, both Lancastor and Mill Lane both said Yes, within 2 days. I then rang WEBBERS BODY SHOP again, and gave them the information, which they didn't want to know, they told me that they only use Mill Lane and NO ONE ELSE...

I then rang up WEBBERS BODY SHOP again two days before the due date to make sur ethat all the parts are in, "Yes Sir they are all in" Great i said, about F**KING TIME!!!!

So the final day came were i dropped the car off, "how long will you have the car for?" 3 Days Sir..

"Great, Ring me when it is ready"

A week comes and goes, and still no car!!!
(Time to take it out on the Corsa thay have given me - Poor little 1.2)
at the end of the second week i get a phone call, "sir your car is ready" I was unable to get in that day and the day after that i was unable to get down to WEBBERS BODY SHOP in BASINGSTOKE, HAMPSHIRE until 5:00 PM, at 3:00 PM with wife gets a phone call From WEBBERS BODY SHOP to say "if you husband does not drop the car back by 5:00PM he WILL be charged for the use of the car"

I turned up to look at the car and the raer tail gate has still got a dent in it, there is a paint reaction on the inside of the boot lid, the bulb which had gone in the accident had not been replace and guess what? YOU GOT IT.... the Bumper trim had still not been done. I WENT MAD!! Also they have painted over all the lock bolts on the inside and just masked up all the plastic not very well, therfore you can see overspray on the plastics.

I Told them that they can give me a call when it has been sorted out again, on Friday just gone it was time to pick it up again, YIP PEE!!!.

I arrived with a big smile to see the car all sorted, but Guess what??????

YOU GOT IT. The bumper trim had still not been replaced, and whilst looking arond the new Chrome trim was already hanging off

To say that i was MAD is an understatement. after telling MARK the estimator what i thought of WEBBERS BODY SHOP, he started to loose his rag more than me and told me to ****ING SHUT UP and came at me as if he wanted to put one on me (I did ask him if i got exspelled from charm school)

He didn't want to know about all the hassle i have had with WEBBERS BODY SHOP, i was more concerned that i was having a go at him as a rep of WEBBERS BODY SHOP. at the end of having the 1 hour long conversation (SLAGGING MATCH) i said i did not want the car back until it was sorted as i don't want to take the car away and wait another 3 months for the trim to come in.

After leaving the garage, an hour later my wife had a phone call from MARK of WEBBERS BODY SHOP saying that he had a FAX from Lancaster Subaru Dealer saying that they no longer make the Black Plastic Trim that fits on top of the bumper under the tail gate.

It's only taken 3 months to find this information out, today i have spoken with both Howard & HDC Subaru and Derek (Subaru expert) in Tadley Nr Basingstoke who have both told me that the later 1995 bumper trim can be made to fit perfectly ok, since finding out thid information i have soken with MARK at WEBBERS BODY SHOP again and told him this information, he has told me that "I shall get one ordered on Monday if you wish and get it fitted as soon as we get it" however he did suggest that WEBBERS BODY SHOP whould fit black anti slip tape on the bumper instead!! - You're having a bloody laugh i said....

So, if you are all still awake after reading this great storey, i should hopefully be able to give you the final paragraph bythe end of the week, BUT DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH........

Old 15 February 2003, 09:43 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
This sort of thing drives me nuts.

Good to read it before it gets removed
Old 15 February 2003, 09:52 PM
suba
Scooby Regular

Smile

dont remove it! leave it there!
Old 15 February 2003, 09:55 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Good to read before it disappears Don't use your rag and go to one in Botley (recommended by a certain S'ton Dealer) (yeah, ok, so I'm not as brave as you ) as they were just as crap - inso much as they actually had our car for 3 months and I was out with the touch up pen today - only 6 months later...oh course I'm willing to provide info to people off hte board - just drop me an e-mail

Good luck matey Give 'em hell! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 15 February 2003, 09:58 PM
DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

I must just say....

Sorry about all the spelling mistakes, i must have been getting in a rage just thinking about it.

For your information, if you ever go to buy a 51 Reg Blue 1.2 Corsa, beware; it may be smoking a bit, the suspension may be shot, the tyres will be shot, the hand brake may be worn out, the drive shafts may be well worn, the engine mounts may need replacing,it may have a slight dent in the floor. but you can red line it in every gear and it does get up to just under 115 mph on a very long run ( but tends to die of a bit after 12 miles of being flat out in 5th)

DIE YOU B*****D CORSA!!!!!
Old 15 February 2003, 10:03 PM
philc
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear about the mess - hate it when a small 'ding' turns into a total trauma.

btw - the thread should probably stay as I can't see any defamatory comment on your part, just a statement of events ....

hope it gets sorted.
Old 15 February 2003, 10:19 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

DIE YOU B*****D CORSA!!!!!
Anger management at its very best
Old 15 February 2003, 10:20 PM
Luke
BANNED

This is your story...why should it be deleted????? best thing to do would be to phone them and let them know you have a post about the problem here. Call the owner and let him see it.

Im suprised you didnt take the car elsewhere.

Good luck
Old 15 February 2003, 10:20 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
*(but tends to die of a bit after 12 miles of being flat out in 5th)*
oh my aching cheeks ..
*( DIE YOU B*****D CORSA!!!!!)*
Oh really histerical ,seriously,
I can really imagine your frustation and anger bieng ruthlessly inflicted upon that humble corsa with a righteous vengance.
Old 15 February 2003, 10:22 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

so just to confim it was 'WEBBERS BODY SHOP' LOL..!!

Hard luck mate... this is what alot in insurance approved places try to get away with, minimum work for maximum price..!

Dan

Old 15 February 2003, 10:22 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

If it does all get sorted in the end why not email them a link to this thread
Old 16 February 2003, 01:23 AM
Rich Tee
Scooby Regular

if this accident was not your fault, which it sound like then i would personally take a different approach

write to the insurance company, explaining (perhaps in more diplomatic terms) what your complaint is, explain to them that as the accident was not your fault, and you are entitled to a LIKE FOR LIKE CAR as a replacment whilst the car is delivered, then you will be seeking compensation from them.

Explain how p155ed off you are with the aformentioned garage and how they have treated you.

Request prompt attention and settlement within 7 days or you report it to the insurance ombusdman, and also see if the repair garage is a member of any trade association such as the body repairers association etc, and report them to the body, stating that you were verbally abused and that they are not interested in your repair.

you should at least get some cash out of it, and possibably get the garage stitched up as well

R

Old 16 February 2003, 01:30 AM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Echo Rich Tee.

Shame all this has happened, hope it gets sorted. Bloody Disgusting IMO.
Old 16 February 2003, 06:13 AM
DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comments guys, i have to say that i did have a laugh at the comments of Matty01

Luke, i did ask Ford Insure about taking it somewhere else, they said that WEBBERS BODY SHOP was the only registered body shop in the area for them.

Rich Tee, I think i may take up the options that you may mentioned, thanks for the advise.

As for sending the link to the body shop, i think i may just do this once i have the car back.

I have just read through my post again and i don't think i have really given the full picture of all the real hassle that i have received from WEBBERS BODY SHOP, in fact it was a lot more long winded than what i have written about.

I forgot to mention that the day i rang WEBBERS BODY SHOP before the car finally went in for repair i said to them "as i have had so much hassle from WEBBERS BODY SHOP would you grind out the little rust on the tail gate and paint over it" (this bit of bubble paint work is about the size of a 5 pence) the reply i got was "We don't do rust" (they don't do a lot off anything i believe)

After reading through the thread i was just wondering who would now use this named body shop for the repairs on their pride and joy??????
Old 16 February 2003, 08:59 AM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Angry

not a fecking chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16 February 2003, 10:27 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Make sure(...if this repair is being done on the insurance) that you tkae it up with your insurance company too. A good story and we are aware of the frustration these places cause too. No one does their job anymore in the service industry.

Tim
Old 16 February 2003, 11:31 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts
just a couple of things to note..........
i am led to believe (from past problems, personally) that the insurance ombudsman ONLY deals with complaints you have with your own insurance company and NOT with third party.......!!!!!!!
also, despite what most insurers will tell you, you are perfectly within your rights to take the vehicle to a repairer of YOUR CHOICE - however, be aware if you then encounter problems it will obviously be on your own......
alyn - as performance
Old 16 February 2003, 03:51 PM
Luke
BANNED

Stockcar... YOU ARE CORRECT. Insurance companies cannot force you to use a cheap body shop.
Old 16 February 2003, 04:10 PM
scoobyslut
Scooby Regular

As far as I'm aware, the black resin bumper panel is still available from subaru, as it is a popular item and is still being requested. So try another dealer, perhaps even get them to check stock and part number.
As for the ***t repair, what have your own insurance company said about it, have they arranged for the inspecting engineer to take a look at it? If not, then why not? He is the guy to contact and your best defence.
I would also check the front of the bodyshop for any "association signs", then give then a call and let then know about your problems, as they may also be able to help you against the bodyshop, as it is in their interests to maintain standards.
Old 20 February 2003, 09:35 PM
Stringpants
Scooby Regular

Angry

My Uncle owns WEBBERS BODY SHOP.................................

Great story....how many of us have been in the same situation??

Hope you get it sorted.

Old 21 February 2003, 05:00 AM
DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

Guess what??

I'm Still Waiting, today is the fourth week they have had my car
Old 21 February 2003, 02:32 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

I would have lost my rag a long time ago. You really are a most patient person!

So long as its not in bits, why not just go down there and pick it up so you can take it somewhere you trust? Can't believe you have to go through so much aggro for a no-fault accident.

Good luck anyway.

Suresh
Old 21 February 2003, 03:33 PM
CraigRA
Scooby Regular

I know what your going through, my car was in a light accident, it was in for 9 months with a short 3 week break in the middle. I havent got time this year to write it, but all I can say is, if any Scooby owners ever want there car repaired

DONT USE CAR CARE WORKS in Bovingdon Nr Hemel Hempsted

They are the biggest bodgers I have ever seen. They deal in Aston Martins, during one of many rows when questioning the fact the car was 2 colours, the headlights didnt fit, the grill fell off when you opened the bonnet that also didnt fit.

I said if it was an Aston you wouldn't do work as bad as that, there reply.... you would be surprised at what we get away with..... says it all !!

Old 25 February 2003, 12:05 PM
DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

Latest Update............

I have just had a phone call from MARK at WEBBERS BODY SHOP in BASINGSTOKE, to say.

"We have got your Bumper trim in now, can you please come in and have a look to tell us if you think it is the right one"

Do you think it is worth charging for the fuel of running around now???
Old 25 February 2003, 12:09 PM
Luke
BANNED

Its down to them to find out if its correct!!! charge the company.
Old 27 February 2003, 11:13 AM
DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

Latest Update...........

I was called down to WEBBERS BODY SHOP yesterday to have a look at the new plastic trim that they propose to fit on the rear bumper, Surprise, Surprise it's the wrong one.

They have got a trim for an Impreza estate!!!!

I have come to the decision now that they are to fit the old one but put the mop over it to try and loose some of the scratches, anything just to get the bloody car back now.

Whilst i was there, they asked if i could get it started as it will not start for them, I had to tell them that it runs better if there is Petrol in it.

DON'T ASK ME WHERE THE PETROL HAS GONE WHILST IT HAS BEEN IN WEBBERS BODY SHOP!!!!!!

I have just had a phone call from WEBBERS BODY SHOP asking "did you take the keys with you yesterday as we can't find them"

Yes, thats right, they have now lost the keys for the car...

What a Bunch of W*****s

But they did say that i would have the car back by the weekend, we waiti and see.......
Old 27 February 2003, 12:01 PM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

Webbers Body Shop sound like a real bunch of clueless *****.....hope you get your car back. if I was you I'd check it over very carefully as they will probably have fcucked someting ele up as well. Why do these kinds of ***** get away with shafting us like this?
Old 27 February 2003, 01:14 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Lol Id refute to let the c*nts touch my car and demand to use a reputable bodyshop of my choice. What a waste of space they seem to be. Amazes me how these people are still in business.
Old 27 February 2003, 09:49 PM
Luke
BANNED

Sorry Mate

But you must now start to take some of the blame......

Most would have gone mad. Demanded a rep from the insurance company attend a meeting at the garage And tell them what has been going on.. Then arrange for the car to be taken to the nearest Subaru dealer to be fixed. Charge for all your wasted time.
Old 27 February 2003, 09:55 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Has Beadles about started again?

Look for small hand prints in the dust at the body shop next time for a clue

Quick Reply: Beware!!! BE VERY AWARE