Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Subaru Nederland - Aalsmeer

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2001, 08:40 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I'm picking up my new MY01 in a couple of weeks from a dealer on the outskirts of Amsterdam called Aalsmeer,being my first time for buying an import & also my first time in Holland I would appreciate any advice off people who have 'been there,done that etc...'

" A lonely virgin blinded by red lights & chocking on the smell of freshly baked hash cake quivers all alone, with only a Tulip, a pair of clogs & a shiny blue Subaru (called Ingrid)for protection"
Old 25 February 2001, 01:09 PM
GAZZ SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

I picked up my car from same garage in march last year ..excellent and friendly service aswell..all i had to do was sign a dutch version of a log book type thing and off you go
A painless experience you will find from the garage
Also try a cafe in amsterdam called abraxas it is superb ..try there muffins..they make you giggle
Try a day before you drive home your new car
Any more info needed please mail me ..

gazza
Old 05 March 2001, 07:34 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cheers for that Gazza,I only needed a bit of 'Dutch Courage',with reference to the Cafe,I'm going to go for a long weekend so that I can "see the sights,soak up the culture & ejact something into the local industry",he,he,he I can't wait.
On a more serious note,when do you get your certificate of conformity,is it on collection or is it posted to you?I've heard conflicting reports about this.

Thanks again, 555

Has anybody else any "experiences" they would like to share about the Dam ?
Old 05 March 2001, 07:55 PM
Richard Gledhill
Scooby Regular

Angry

Shame I can't agree on this one... they were a major bunch of cowboys (18 months ago) when I was getting my MY00 sorted out. They managed to lose my driver details and ended up ringing at 9am two days before I was due to pick it up, saying "If you don't fax us your driving license details by 12 noon, you cannot pick the car up." Then they rang up again to say I hadn't settled the outstanding amount properly and I needed to bring with me another 2000 Guilders in cash. Not impressed.

At least when I got there, they were efficient enough, and the car was fine. A happy ending, and I did thoroughly enjoy the (very long!) day going over to pick up my new pride and joy, but they were pretty dire service-wise leading up to it.

Hopefully they've got their act together now and are a little better organised!

Do a search on "Aalsmeer" and you should see posts by me on this in May-Nov '99 (if they're still there )

Hope it all goes smoothly and say Hi to Mr Yeoh for me

Cheers
Richard

[This message has been edited by Richard Gledhill (edited 05 March 2001).]
Old 05 March 2001, 09:51 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Richard,
I've just done a search to look at all the Aalsmeer comments,it appears that up to approx. 18 mths ago they were dire,with regard to service issues(clutches in particular),although there where some more favorable comments after that date.
Still all comments good or bad are greatly appreciated,if I am to go to war with a bunch of cowboys on foreign soil,it helps to know what weapons I'll need !
Anyway keep the comments coming & I'll let you know how I went on in the next few weeks.
Old 05 March 2001, 09:57 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Arrow

One more thing,how did you insure the car to get it home,Aalsmeer are sending me details of insurance which is available at Schipol airport but is apparently pricey,can anyone shed any light ?
Old 07 March 2001, 08:22 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

555Boy: insurance? ARGH!

Speak to your insurers and get them to confirm that you're covered for all the journey. If they do this, then it's their problem. (It all stems to it being "illegal" for a broker to insure a car in a different country, apparently...)

If they cannot insure you until you get in the UK, you may want to take insurance from the dealer or airport... Or get the garage to drive you to the port on trade plates.
Old 07 March 2001, 06:29 PM
Richard Gledhill
Scooby Regular

Yep, as Nick (Chiark) says... I was covered no problem by Privilege, but there seem to have been some problems since then. Getting the dealer to do it is one way round it, but not as much fun as driving it off the forecourt

Best of luck + hope it goes smoothly - let us know how you get on!

Cheers
Richard
Old 16 April 2001, 09:42 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Cool

Cheers for all your replies & sorry for the late response anyway It's all done & dusted,I had an excellent couple of days around Amsterdam with some brilliant weather (22*c)and excellent distractions.
The collection of the car could'nt have been easier,It was a case of turning up,signing a couple of things & boging off,I bet that I was'nt in the place for 20 minutes and to top it all off they even threw in a full tank(now you would'nt get that over here)of juice.
Anyway the ferry back was good & I filled the boot up with sooooooo much booze & **** that the profit that I made on them paid for the tickets(Luverly,oh yes mr customs man it is all for personal use,cough,cough).

However just as you think that nothing can go wrong - guess what ?
The British manage to **** things up yet again,on the certificate of conformity there is a figure under the emmisions section that subaru nederland have typed in,but this will not do,oh no they insist(DVLA)that an original document is produced with no alterations,so basically after 3 weeks of driving it around on z-plates I have finally got it registered - yippee.
The ironic part of this tale is that throughout the ordering/collection of the car there has not been a hiccup of any sorts,but as soon as you rely on the good old British...........well need I say more !

some last questions:-

-Has anybody else had this problem with the C of C

-The dealer told me not to bother with the 1000 mile service,what do you reckon ?

-Do I need to register the car with Subaru UK

Many thanks, 555
Old 22 April 2001, 04:26 PM
chrisdowning
Scooby Newbie

I picked up my 2000 scooby back in april from this dealership and had no problems whatsoever .In fact, ordered 2001 new version from them again and pick this up in June.I didnt bother with the 1000m service so first one 7500m.Only problem now is selling it in mid June to coincide with purchase.
I had no problems insuring the car on the chassis number!