Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

HDC Subaru -- problems resolved by VISA

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2000, 12:40 AM
ColinU
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks,

MORAL OF THIS STORY... ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD WHEN MAIL ORDERING PARTS!

Some may remember a post of mine from a few months ago where I'd got some used suspension from HDC Subaru (breakers in West Yorks). In short they supplied me with suspension that was well knackered and charged me £260 for the privilage. I returned the parts (they agreed to refund me), but then all wnt quiet. I never heard a squeek from them, no-one picked up when I phoned, wouldn't even answer faxes, or pick up recorded delivery letters!

Success at last! I used VISA to make the purchase, so I got them involved the other week. I got an awfully nice letter from them on Friday saying they'd just credited my account with the £260

2nd moral of the story... <B>steer well clear of HDC Subaru!</B>
Old 16 October 2000, 02:32 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I must agree, my tale:
March 14 this year got 2 alloy wheels for my previous car (following an argument with a kerb in the snow) Were damaged on receipt, phoned as soon as I got home from work, no problem we will have them collected they said, a refund will be sorted out as soon as we get them. By June they had stopped answering the phone, so I resorted to registered delivery to make contact (somewhat expensive), eventually they were collected 30 June. At last I thought, but no. They started answering the phone again by the start of October and I have been assured today that the money will be returned to my account today. I can but hope.
All because I picked up my Switch card rather than my Visa, doh!!! I will not do that again in a hurry.
NB a different company from the above post.

[This message has been edited by Robertio (edited 16 October 2000).]