Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Lost Playlists of my phone ?

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2013, 07:34 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Lost Playlists of my phone ?

Spent ages during my holidays making 2 Playlists on my phone (galaxy s2). I had to do this as I lost my previous ones due to a factory reset. I thought I better save them this time , so connected to my laptop. Tried Keis Air 1st but couldn't see anything that had my Playlists in so just dragged and dropped straight from the phone memory to my desktop. I noticed before I moved them that they were empty files but just dragged them anyway and made sure that the original was still on the phone.

When my alarm went this morning the default tone was being used (should be a song from my media) so I went into my music player to find the song I realised that the two Playlist titles are there , but they don't have any songs in them ! I spent a lot of time making them (about 1500 songs to sort through) so I am kinda annoyed.

Can anyone tell me how to get them back (if possible) and how do I save them in future ?
Old 03 August 2013, 01:45 AM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this issue with my s3 and even now with my note 2

if your music is on an external sd for some reason the playlists just randomly delete themselves the actual file is there but its blank

only fix i found was to use phone memory
Old 03 August 2013, 10:01 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Yeah , Google says the same. Seems quite common. Just wish I had known before I spent half my hols making them just for them to dissappear 2nd day home !

Thing is I use my SD card just for music so I can swap it about.

This and the fact I am having signal issues is changing my mind on using the Lumia 720 im getting from work. Its a pity coz I love the S2 .