Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

So, the Xbox One...

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2013, 12:52 AM
BULLITT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, the Xbox One...

Click image for larger version

Name:	RDQMnBJ.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	74628

Name:	7DABR3o.png
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	74629

Name:	ihxkwpa.png
Size:	326.7 KB
ID:	74630

Name:	IT2mTk0.jpg
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	74631

Name:	FpZBCNi.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	74632

Pretty much sums it up lol
Old 19 June 2013, 07:58 AM
STEVEBOXER
Scooby Regular

Brilliant, Microsoft have poked themselves in the eye, big time!

Last edited by STEVEBOXER; 19 June 2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 19 June 2013, 08:45 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think my mind is made up.
Old 19 June 2013, 12:30 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

lol
Old 19 June 2013, 12:40 PM
Firez34
Scooby Regular

Superb!!!
Old 19 June 2013, 12:47 PM
northern monkey sti
Scooby Regular

Location: Went for a quick drive and ended up 100 miles from home haha

haha good stuff, gutted forza 5 is xbox only tho.
Old 19 June 2013, 01:12 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Old 19 June 2013, 01:28 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty idiotic fanboyism is abundant at the moment. The consoles are not out yet!!!! The propaganda has begun and people are choosing sides and making decisions based upon marketing campaigns, not necessarily fact. I always buy all the main consoles anyway to use the beneficial features of each.

This **** cracks me up. Not quite at the daft levels that Android and Apple OS get to but I'm sure there is time for that...

Old 19 June 2013, 01:58 PM
Turbo Tone
Scooby Regular

These are good also.....

http://abload.de/img/lol74x1d.gif

https://i.imgur.com/AJS7VHe.gif

http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.c...lies.gif?w=500
Old 19 June 2013, 07:22 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Torquemada
This **** cracks me up. Not quite at the daft levels that Android and Apple OS get to but I'm sure there is time for that...

You're kidding right? The passion and sadness between console microshaft xbots and pony fanboys is far greater than the isheeps and fandroids, always has been.

Last edited by bioforger; 19 June 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 19 June 2013, 08:09 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Your always going to get fanboys of any two things that compete against each other,but didn't X-box1 dig a grave for themselvesI have been following These two consoles very closely and Microsoft have forgotten the hard core gamer and have gone in to the next gen fight with one simple mission titled (how to make a big fat profit)but this war goes to ps4 hands down.SJ.
Old 19 June 2013, 09:47 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

Looks like Microsoft could be back tracking.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/19/x...ames-reversal/
Old 19 June 2013, 10:21 PM
BULLITT
Scooby Regular

Microsoft's next game console, the Xbox One, is perhaps best known for its complex used game system and once-per-24-hour online check-in requirement. Today, Microsoft is rolling back those policies, and the company took to its Xbox blog to explain. "I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360," Xbox head Don Mattrick writes. He then states:

"An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360."

Mattrick further explains that this is a direct response to gamer outcry. "Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One," he says. Further, he confirms that Xbox One games will be region-free, and that disc-based games will have to be kept in the disc tray rather than ripped to the console and played digitally (a previously touted Xbox One feature).

Though the One's down a couple features -- Mattrick specifically says, "These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One" -- it sounds like gamers won this round
Sounds promising then... if it's true.
Old 20 June 2013, 12:29 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
You're kidding right? The passion and sadness between console microshaft xbots and pony fanboys is far greater than the isheeps and fandroids, always has been.
Meant specifically on here. I used to have similar daft slanging matches back with Sega Vs Nintendo and Atari Vs Amiga.
Old 20 June 2013, 12:36 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
Your always going to get fanboys of any two things that compete against each other,but didn't X-box1 dig a grave for themselvesI have been following These two consoles very closely and Microsoft have forgotten the hard core gamer and have gone in to the next gen fight with one simple mission titled (how to make a big fat profit)but this war goes to ps4 hands down.SJ.
Yeah I'll wait til I play games on the consoles, at which point I'll probably find that there is not much in it between the two in the gaming experience. A few cons here, a few pro's there and vice versa, as it is now.
Old 20 June 2013, 05:01 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Quote:
Microsoft's next game console, the Xbox One, is perhaps best known for its complex used game system and once-per-24-hour online check-in requirement. Today, Microsoft is rolling back those policies, and the company took to its Xbox blog to explain. "I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360," Xbox head Don Mattrick writes. He then states:

"An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360."

Mattrick further explains that this is a direct response to gamer outcry. "Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One," he says. Further, he confirms that Xbox One games will be region-free, and that disc-based games will have to be kept in the disc tray rather than ripped to the console and played digitally (a previously touted Xbox One feature).

Though the One's down a couple features -- Mattrick specifically says, "These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One" -- it sounds like gamers won this round
Sounds promising then... if it's true.

But it shouldn't of took a mass revolt from the gamers Microsoft will just find another way to make you pay as he said in his statement (gamers won this round!)how much rounds are there?SJ.
Old 20 June 2013, 06:34 AM
stedee
Scooby Regular

those things have never bothered me , what does worry me is the system`s power compared to the ps4 and the over emphasis on "the cloud"

do you reckon bill had got on the phone btw
Old 20 June 2013, 08:25 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Its not like Microsoft to back off so quickly.
On the business software side of Microsoft, I find they usually just announce policies and dig their heels in
Old 20 June 2013, 08:37 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by urban
Its not like Microsoft to back off so quickly.
On the business software side of Microsoft, I find they usually just announce policies and dig their heels in
Yes, that is interesting

Maybe it is a reality check for Microsoft, who are relatively new to the consumer space, to have to listen to the demands of consumers a bit more, certainly than they do in the corporate space
Old 20 June 2013, 09:40 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Probably knew they were going to get a battering from sony ps4.
Old 20 June 2013, 09:48 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Quote:Microsoft will just find another way to make you pay
As will Sony and the rest of them.
Old 20 June 2013, 09:56 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Mattrick further explains that this is a direct response to gamer outcry. "Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback
My ar*e. It's a direct response to the fact that they knew damn well the restrictions would be unpopular, and Sony have given people an actual meaningful choice in the matter.

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd regard Sony as the 'good guys' - remember the whole http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal - but here they've actually done something to improve things for the consumer and they deserve some credit for it.
Old 20 June 2013, 11:17 AM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

They were never going to put all those restrictions on in the first place, bad press = attention seeking, they've just changed everyone's minds about not buying the console.I'd call it smart advertising.This will probably generate more xbox virgins (new first time buyers) as all the potential buyers/users will now think that Microsoft are going to listen to the user rather than run deaf with their $$$$$$$$$$ grabbing ideas, fact is, once you've bought the console it's yours, and they can add any restrictions they want when they release any future software updates.
Old 20 June 2013, 01:19 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69
They were never going to put all those restrictions on in the first place, bad press = attention seeking, they've just changed everyone's minds about not buying the console.I'd call it smart advertising.This will probably generate more xbox virgins (new first time buyers) as all the potential buyers/users will now think that Microsoft are going to listen to the user rather than run deaf with their $$$$$$$$$$ grabbing ideas, fact is, once you've bought the console it's yours, and they can add any restrictions they want when they release any future software updates.
Now that is closer to the truth! It's just marketing wars at the moment and no one should be silly enough to believe everything that is being bandied about.
Old 20 June 2013, 01:54 PM
BULLITT
Scooby Regular

What I don't understand the obsession of integrating everything into one box, it's just more things to go wrong with one device. I suppose that's the same for everything ie. iPhones (no I don't own one), cars etc

I really don't see what is wrong with making a games console and making the best games console available that does one thing and does it exceptionally well - process game data and play games, surely it's better create a product to do it's function excellently rather than create something that is mediocre at best because it's abilities have to used to do other things too?
Old 20 June 2013, 03:45 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

you should all thank me , dont want to brag and all that but it was because i preordered a ps4 that day - typical
Old 20 June 2013, 05:36 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69
It's hard to say for sure - the situation is rather confusing

The restrictions seemed like a gormless move by MS handing the advantage to Sony BUT then we heard about cloud based gaming/steam etc.. and they started to make a bit more sense; like MS was just taking difficult steps in planning for the future (not that this would have eased the pain in the short term) Sony would eventually have to go down that (or a similar) route too, or fall behind! Maybe they just didn't want to take the heat and be the Guinea pig for such a move in the short term and watch Sony gain an upper hand they might never be able to claw back. If so, gamers may have just shot themselves in the foot in terms of the development of gaming.

OR

Maybe it was a stroke of genius/madness from the marketing folks: we're all immune to technical wizardry these days (and it's not like either console was going to be a donkey), but everyone loves a bit of aggro and to see the common man making a large nasty corporation eat humble pie. They may have contrived a situation that culminated in MS having to very publicly say: "Ok, you've spoken - we listened" To the layperson it's a victory and might make them more well disposed towards Microsoft as the company that listens to its customers. Those who claim they only backed down because of the risk of getting spanked in the sales make a moot point: They're selling stuff; everything they do is based on what is likely to shift more merchandise - they ain't doing anything out of the goodness of their hearts! It's also strange that things that seemed integral to the way a console functioned could just be changed at the drop of a hat not 6 months before the hardware is out ..... Maybe they were never serious about the restrictions after all

It's risky though: for some people the damage may have already been done and the geeky fanboy mentality is such that once they've chosen a side the opposition could offer their product for free with a side of Kelly Brook's **** and they'd still call it sh*t!

Bottom line is that the Xbox is still £80 dearer ..... and, as you said, they can always add those restrictions in the future. Now they've opened Pandora's box, will this be the issue that costs MS dearly?

Will be interesting to see how this pans out!

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 20 June 2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 20 June 2013, 05:44 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

quite the opposite effect

Microsoft’s ambiguous, stingy and questionable Xbox One DRM policy was dramatically ditched by the Redmond company after a backlash from bemused gamers, and that decision looks to be paying dividends already, with Xbox One pre-orders having surged ahead of the PlayStation 4 in the UK, according to Amazon. Don Mattrick piped up a short while ago to declare that the online checks on games and the policies concerning used games had been completely dropped, and since then, it would seem the gaming community sees the forthcoming Microsoft console as a much more palatable acquisition.

For a while, it did appear as though the software maker was giving an abject sermon in how not to tick off the gaming community. Having established an advantage with the Xbox 360 over its main rival, the PlayStation 3, it seemed that rather than try and consolidate that lead, Microsoft was hell-bent on shooting itself in the foot at every opportunity.

Sony, meanwhile, has naturally been cashing in, noting just last week that there would be no such restrictions. There has been mass uncertainty with regards to the Xbox One and used games allied to the supposed online checks on titles, which combined, were gradually pushing the gaming world into an all-out ****storm. But with Mattrick having now brought calm to proceedings just in the nick of time, it looks as though the gaming world has responded positively.

As noted by Amazon UK, pre-orders of the Xbox One have now leapfrogged those of the PlayStation 4, and after a nervy, uncertain launch, it looks as though Microsoft is finally getting its act together
Old 20 June 2013, 06:02 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BULLITT
I love this one lol
Old 20 June 2013, 06:55 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Torquemada
Meant specifically on here. I used to have similar daft slanging matches back with Sega Vs Nintendo and Atari Vs Amiga.
ah ok fair enough. The Amiga shat all over the ST btw

Quick Reply: So, the Xbox One...