Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

XBOX

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2002, 10:06 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

What ever way you look at the price drop, it isnt very good is it, i dont care what anybody says.
For a company to drop the price that much in such little time, the way i see it is that Microsoft are not showing much confidence in their machine, name another console that has needed to drop the price by this much, there isnt one.
And there still isnt that many aaa titles coming out in the near future, compared to ps2 it has got one BIG struggle ahead, and to say the majority of Japan hate it is a understatement.
All in all, things are looking a bit pants really.
What do you think?
Old 24 April 2002, 11:12 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hasn't anyone got any views then?, maybe its because all you xbox owners are hiding!
Old 24 April 2002, 11:16 AM
DjacK
Scooby Regular

Why worrie about the XBOX and there owners??????

You just trying to **** people of or summit?

I for one own an XBOX a PS2 a PS1 A Dreamcast a Snes a NIntendo64 a Game boy a Gameboy advanced etc etc etc And I dont really give a crap what you think

So go worrie about summit a little more important than a games console and leave XBOX owners alone, as most of them are very happy with there machines..

I mean wtf is £200 anyway? Nuthin
Old 24 April 2002, 11:31 AM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Talking

Djack, believe me, i am not worrying about xbox owners.
The thing is, just before xbox was released over here, there was so many people on here saying xbox this, xbox that etc dogs danglies, and now oh so quiet.
What im trying to say is that you dont knock £100 quid off something if its doing really well do you?
And also Djack, if you dont give a crap what i think, why bother replying.....

Bloody nobber.
Old 24 April 2002, 11:42 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

200 quid's nothin for folk from Liverpool; they just nick'em anyway

Maybe they should've left the price of the console alone and dropped the price of their games; that's the expensive bit.
Old 24 April 2002, 11:48 AM
DjacK
Scooby Regular

lol ozzy,

Why bother reaplying, well I dont give a crap about what you think about the XBOX, what I do give a crap about is why people continue to try put down a very good console?? I mean whats the point? Just play it..

I yes I have a rather large nobber ta
Old 24 April 2002, 12:22 PM
NumptyScrub
Scooby Regular

They're knocking a ton off the price to start another console war... at 300 quid they thought they'd lose sales to the "cheaper" PS2 etc.

A console is only as good as its games, though. Having played Halo and DOA3, they're pretty good, but you can get similar on the PS2 (Red Faction and Virtua Fighter 4). And if you have a 2GHz PC with a GeForce4, you may as well wait for the Xbox emulators to start appearing as you'll be able to run anything just as well as the Xbox can. Notwithstanding the fact that Halo will be on PC release in a few months anyway... I much prefer mouse+keyboard to game controller for FPS's...

Having said that, I don't think my mate did wrong buying an Xbox, given it does it's job well and there are some "good" titles available and more in the pipeline. I'm just not sure that an Xbox, PS2 *and* killer PC is "necessary" for a gamers setup.

Derek

PS Djack, how's the motor? I sympathise with ya mate, mine was off the road for a few months earlier this year
Old 24 April 2002, 12:26 PM
DjacK
Scooby Regular

Yo Numpty, the car should be back with me by the end of the week hopefully, i do miss it lots! Been of the road for far to long, but it has saved me a lot of money on petrol (god damn evo's) So I went out and purchased a Blitz boost controller etc to throw in it when i get it back, and waist more money on peccy!
Old 24 April 2002, 12:39 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

I'm only quiet as im too busy playing it to reply to drivel

Have yet to see one person play on it over a longtime and either not want to go and buy one, or at least acknowledge its a seriously good console.

As for aaa titles what was the last one i bought for the ps2?
GTA3, havent seen or played one since then, prior to that GT3. There not exactly falling off the sony software release tree.

Old 24 April 2002, 12:42 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Djack, evo ??

New there was something not quite right with you; explains the attitude I thought all Evo driver's were compensating for something

Scooby drivers are more in-touch with their bodies ..... some of them literally

Stefan
Old 24 April 2002, 01:04 PM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

I think it's a very good move by Microsoft. Obviously sales of the console aren't that good in Europe and in Japan and so they done the best thing possible and priced it the same as the PS2. March to August aren't really great for games consoles simply because people prefer to be outside. Microsoft just don't want to leave it too late they're just determined to get a foot hold in the market.
Old 24 April 2002, 01:08 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

At least MS *released* the XBOX before reducing the price, unlike a certain Japanese competitor
Old 24 April 2002, 02:06 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ptholt, its easy to reel you in, you take the bait like a goodun lol
Thanks for the replies though everyone.
Old 24 April 2002, 02:27 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

ive been quite quiet recently, tho the computer forum is starting to sound more like a record stuck forum lol.
Old 24 April 2002, 02:33 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Wink

I do have an xbox and must admit that i did say it aint nothing special, but like most consoles, i bought one on release day.
And was very impressed, esp Halo.
I also bought rallisport.doa3,nhl and jsrf.
I really do hope that the console does do well, because what i have seen, it deserves to.
Although i must admit i still play my ps2 more, but these people that say halo isnt impressive, blah blah blah, ps2 couldnt do anything as good as halo in a million years.
But i am a bit worried about the lack of buyers for the xbox in Japan.
Old 24 April 2002, 02:36 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

I shouldnt worry to much, even the japanese home market does not have good sales, if the volumes of us and european markets is high developers will still write games for it as they will release globally.