Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Metal Gear Solid 2

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2002, 12:23 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I'm sure this has been done to death on here, but..

Due to being oncall over the weekend - so house bound pretty much, I spent most of yesterday playing this game...

I think its awesome! There is so much to interact with, the graphics are amazing.. and there are some real comedy touches, such as the guard taking a leak off the top of one the shell struts, the fact you can shoot the sea gulls (btw - did this so much I got a call on the codec from the general saying how much of a monster I am and should get on with the mission LOL ) - also after playing it for several hours I got a call from the general on the codec telling to he thought I'd be playing the game long enough and should perhaps do something else as it was only a game after all! turned the PS2 off when I got a second call from the general telling me I really should get a life basically LOL (no comments!). The swimming part of the game is quite mad, only drowned the girl you try to rescue a couple of times the underwater effects are mad!..

I can see why this wouldn't be for some, just like resident evil isn't like by all.. Think I must of put about 12hrs in over the weekend (or more) and I'm about 9:30hrs in to the game.. the plot keeps thickening!..

Well, I'd recommended it to anyone, so much time and effort has obviously gone into the plot, the graphics and the characters.

Excellent, Alex
Old 25 March 2002, 01:15 PM
Damaja
Scooby Regular

Ay spent 12 hours playing it and finished it.

My friend asked if I could choke the girl, I said nah probably not. Then followed a series of "Huh huh huh huh huh" noises and she fell to the floor. Guess you can then!
Old 25 March 2002, 01:19 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Talking

Damaja - this will make you laff - it took me ages to work out the action button holds her hand - bare in mind I had managed to drag her by the throat (weapon button) right up to the connecting bridge... it was only there I realised I had to hold her hand - not strangle her
Old 25 March 2002, 01:22 PM
Damaja
Scooby Regular

LMAO!

You can drug the pigeons as well with that dart gun thing and then shoot their heads off.
Old 25 March 2002, 01:40 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Glad these games don't tempt us into unnecessary acts of violence then

Bajie ... had MGS2 for weeks and not managed to play yet
Old 25 March 2002, 02:19 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Talking

shooting the guards in the knees is the most fun :]

mind you I found olga to be the toughest of the baddies :/ dont want to add too many spoilers but OMFG dont play on extreeme :/

how long are the cut sceens They shoulda stuck with snake rather than raiden though
Old 25 March 2002, 02:38 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I like using the sniper rifle to shoot the pigeons
and especially when I just fallen on the floor (well raiden has) due to all the bird dropin's!

Another amusing one was to drug a guard and then shoot him in the ***** 3 or so times.. or even shoot them in the ***** when they are walking towards you - although the best shot is one to the head as its an instant kill and lots of blood!

Old 25 March 2002, 02:42 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

When I'm bored in core 2 run around n set of the alarm then put the disguise on and watch em madly run around...

have u done the jump around the courner empty half a clip n jump back again most entertaining.

altough have u ever used the nikita for anything other than the bit you have too ahh well.
Old 25 March 2002, 03:02 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Wink

Forgot - another thing I tried with Emma was drugging her and then dragging her round to the exit to the connecting bridge
Old 25 March 2002, 04:40 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hmmm. think I'll try using the stinger missles on the gulls and guards tonight

As for emptying half a clip.. I used that method to clear some shelves in the kitchen on one of the struts... glass n stuff everywhere!

You can also fire at saucepans to make a little tune
Old 26 March 2002, 07:27 PM
AML
Scooby Regular

Cool

I killed Snake a couple of times......that was pretty cool...if you give him a doing he fights back (when you get youre clothes back)