Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

email issues help please

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2010, 09:05 PM
phil739
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default email issues help please

story
i use msn hotmail for my emails
went bed last night and all was fine, woke up and knew i had a few emails as they come up on my phone , gets to work logs into hotmail and the last email received was on the 6th , all the day before and day before that had gone not even the ones i had on my phone was there ..

so i logged into my works email and on it was an email from my hotmail at 1.15 in the morning it was just blank and subject just said "dear"
so i tried to send an email from my works to hotmail but nothing was coming up on hotmail the only way i could send an email from work to hotmail was if i replied on the back of one from my hotmail..
i was still receiving emails from sc ... user had replied to this post etc etc
later found out that everyone on my contacts list had the same email from me at 1.15 in the morning

gets home to try and sort the issue and log into my msn all my contacts on msn where showing for about 10sec and then with 5seconds they all dissappeared

any help ???
Old 10 February 2010, 12:22 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a possible virus, probably a messenger one. I think that login details to messenger and hotmail are usually the same as it's the same account. I'd reboot in safe mode and run your virus and anti-malware software and see what it picks up and remove any viruses it finds, then reboot into safe mode again and re-run the check to make sure you're clear.