Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Help - hooking pc up to 42" plasma ??

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2009, 10:34 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - hooking pc up to 42" plasma ??

Anyone here running a Panasonic th42px70b plasma been able to hook up there pc to it ?? as the tv itself has a dedicated vga style pc input socket on the rear panel thought it would be a good idea just to see what the screen off my little acer aspire one would look like thru the main tv, plugged the netbook in and booted up the pc all was well for like the first few seconds where the windows logo appeared but shortly after the loading process off windows xp the picture on the tv disapeared and nothing I can do on the netbook will show up on the tv`s screen.

tried a second full sized laptop as I had read somewhere that the little acer netbook may not support pc output ?? this time the picture on the start up process off the laptop did not show on the tv at all.

the only spcket I can see on the laptop is a vga style one and as I say using the dedicated pc input socket off the plasma should I be able to get a picture from pc to tv ???

have since read that it could be down to settings within the Nvidia software on the pc, now the acer aspire one does not even have this Nvidia option upon right clicking the desktop - graphics settings options but no mention off this Nvidia but the other laptop does the only thing I am totally confused with is just what I would require to set within this software as obviously dont want to muck up any other settings as in all honesty this is totally beyond me !!

so anyone here either with this or a similar panasonic who has succusfully linked there pc up to it able to advise where I might be going wrong ??

cheers
Old 25 September 2009, 11:02 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suspect the PC is outputting a VGA signal to the panel at a resolution it can't handle. Try setting it to something really low to start with e.g. 640x480, the boot up sequence uses a low res like this hence you can see it. Best bet is to find a driver for the TV, you may have got a disk with it? Also as the TV is widescreen 4:3 aspect ratios might not work, you may need a video card that can do widescreen resolutions.