Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

???Laptop / Ipod Help ???

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2009, 05:35 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???Laptop / Ipod Help ???

Long story cut short............

We've Just bought a laptop for the missus as she's going away for a bit of sun. Installed Itunes onto new Laptop, Now her ipod won't sync with the laptop so we can transfer all the music library from the home PC onto her Ipod, was thinking of burning the library to disc, and we've only got 2000 tracks but it gonna take 121 discs.!!!!!! and then install the library that way......any ideas..............B4 Sunday pls lol.............Ive just had a thought, but I'll wait for some answers

Chris
Old 16 February 2009, 05:46 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

where is the music because by the sound of it, it is not on the laptop ?

How can the ipod sync music when there is nothing on it ?

If you have all the music on the home PC (as in a desktop) and you have already synched her ipod with that PC, then yes you can sync the ipod with a new itunes library but you may have to merge stuff.
Also you need to get all the music from the home pc via network (takes ages) or an external hard disk (cheaper and faster).
Old 16 February 2009, 06:09 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Yeah , Swiss thats the prob, its on the home Pc (the library), and we want to get it on the laptop, we can sync her Ipod easy enough from the home pc, but as soon as we plug it into the laptop, it threatens to delete the whole lot lol, the bloody thing even said "we'd successfully installed 2 out of 5 computers" when we installed Itunes on her laptop, as if we were allowed to have the library on 2 different computers, (Laptop and home pc)

Come to think of it though, I can sort of see Apple's point of view, basically I could come round to your house plug my ipod in your pc, and get all your tracks.......bit of piracy i suppose............bugger
Old 16 February 2009, 06:21 PM
ChriSTi
Scooby Regular

Don't know whether this would work, or is it a gimmick......................pls help a computer nerd lol

iPod Copy Expert - Transfer from iPod to computer, Free download
Old 16 February 2009, 06:31 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Have a read of this.

There are a couple of options here:

1) Try to copy the music from the iPod onto the Laptop, then add it to the iTunes Library so it picks it up

2) Copy the iTunes folder from the other computer, to the same location on the Laptop, then add the items to the Library, and it should pick it up.

Which method you use depends on a few factors; What iPod you have, are the two computers networked being two of the main ones.
Old 17 February 2009, 11:01 PM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

The problem is that it's been sync'd and there aren't any easy ways around it to be honest, Itunes will only let an Ipod "Sybc" with one PC which causes the agro you are having when you plug it in to another machine.

I never let mine Sync and choose to manually manage my music, library etc etc.

If you want a quick way to rip the tracks from the IPOD to the laptop I would strongly suggest Yamipod, tis free and good! this way youwill have the library in two places and you can start again, just don't sync.