Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

- - -UK or US X box- - -

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2002, 12:30 PM
Richard Simpson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Ok finally getting my bonus, so it's treats time for me! (apart from getting the guttering done )

So, my sister is going to the US next month and can get me an X Box, so will it play UK titles and if not is there a mod that will allow it? Also if I buy a UK X box will it play US titles (both my sister and my dad go to the US fairly regularly).

Are there any other issues in getting a US X box - I have a fairly new Sony TV that plays NTSC, but what about power supplies?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Richard
Old 08 February 2002, 12:38 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

I've been looking into getting an X-Box bought back from the US next week! and i have decided i am going to wait until the UK version is released over here.

Also i have been informed by a freind out in the US that most stores wont sell the X-Box without you buying 3 full priced games, thus lifing the cost up even more, plus the US X-Box is 110v only so you would need to buy a transformer.

Ian
Old 08 February 2002, 02:33 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Im pretty sure uk consoles will be slower.......at the end of the day we always get kicked in the nads.....
Old 02 August 2002, 01:23 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

im guessing that as xbox is dvd capable, they are (perhaps) going to use region coding on the games as well, my usa ones say on the back for use on ntsc consoles only, though would be interesting to try them in a uk console as essentially they are similar to pc titles, so may play (assuming they havent done the above).

Power isnt a problem, just get a converter from maplin or an airport for about a tenner.

I'll be interested to see if the xbox suffers from the blight of other consoles when they arrive in the uk and gets black borders and is slower.

Forgot to add, i picked up my xbox from toys r us in new york and didnt need to purchase any games (in fact i only got halo at the time).

[Edited by ptholt - 2/8/2002 1:24:02 PM]