Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

US iTunes Account.

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2008, 09:20 AM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US iTunes Account.

Tried a quick search on here but couldn't find anything.

So my question is, has anyone set up a second iTunes Acc, but on the US store, if so was it straight forward, it's poor the amount of content [and prices] available on the UK compared to the US store.

And how does the billing work out, was the account set up on a debit/credit card?

Thanks.
Old 14 April 2008, 12:34 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Yes, I have.

You need to set it up with a US address. I currently live in a hotel in New York.

You cannot buy any content at all without a US credit/debit card so you have to obtain the iTunes vouchers from somewhere. I have been buying mine off someone on ebay :

eBay Seller: braziliapilot: Trading Cards CCG, Music items on eBay.co.uk

I usually have the code within 10 minutes. It's pretty good for just buying albums too as they are a lot cheaper than the UK. Plus all the tv-series and movie rentals etc.
Old 14 April 2008, 12:34 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Yes, I have.

You need to set it up with a US address. I currently live in a hotel in New York.

You cannot buy any content at all without a US credit/debit card so you have to obtain the iTunes vouchers from somewhere. I have been buying mine off someone on ebay :

Items for Sale by braziliapilot

I usually have the code within 10 minutes. It's pretty good for just buying albums too as they are a lot cheaper than the UK. Plus all the tv-series and movie rentals etc.
Old 14 April 2008, 12:49 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

A US address is certainly needed, which isn't too difficult to get, however, you also need a US credit/debit card, which will be a problem, plus the billing address of the credit card will more than likely need to match the US address you use, and that's where you'd get stuck.

It is annoying that they have regionalized the store when it comes to purchasing of media. I can understand it from the viewpoint of keeping country specific media in a single place, but when it comes to purchasing something in an electronic format, I don't see why you need to lock people into a specific region, apart from being able to screw more money from people of course.
Old 14 April 2008, 11:27 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
I like your style

Just brought a voucher of ebay, soon as the code comes through i'll look at signing up.

Thank you to you two for your replies, it was good info and help.