Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Grand Theft Auto 3

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2002, 04:33 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Not easy that one but you only need 10 of em.

I guess you know the nines hang out near the phone box in Portland not far from your hideout.

I found that driving slowly down the hill on the right of the grassy bit and turning left and then right into the car park and out the other side, left up the hill and continuing round would sort em out. If you get smashed up a bit then drive up the hill to the pay and spray.

What a great game, I finished the game new years day after many days of playing, not finished by any means, only got about 35 of the hidden packages and really can't get to grips with the rampages.

The last mission is really quite hard, took quite a few gos at that one. You will need 500k at some point so spend wisely.
I found that firefighting on Satunton Island a good little money earner.
Old 02 January 2002, 04:37 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Oops, just read you mean the Shoreside Vale Uzi Money, I think it is considerably easier if you don't kill any of the red nines. Try and pick off lone purple nines when the coast is clear. It gets hard when both sets of nines and shooting at ya.

Does anyone know if you can use planes or helicopters to get around?
I flew one of those Dodo thingies for a few seconds but couldn't get across the water...
Old 02 January 2002, 04:42 PM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Rich,

Yeah, I've finished all the other missions and can't seem to get 20 of the silly purple ones.
As for the dodo flying, I find the best way to do it is to accelerate down a runway with the up key pressed. You know when you have max speed because you start getting sparks from the front. When this happens, let go of the up key and the plane will soar into the air. you can then steer with the left joystick.
with a bit of practice you can fly for ages

Happy flying

Mojo
Old 01 February 2002, 10:36 AM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

Question

By far one of the best games I've ever played, but I really can't do one of the extra phone missons (I've done all the others)

So, can any of you gamers out there give me some advice as to how to do the "Uzi Money" misson on the third island?
Wot car to use, best route to take etc.
I either can't find enough nines to shoot or my car just blows up from gun fire or vans ramming me

Cheers

Mojo

[Edited by Mojo - 1/2/2002 10:38:30 AM]