Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

MCP-CCNA-MCSE question!

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2001, 12:01 PM
Nick Young
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friend of mine seems to think that all these types of courses are available to do online now,as oppossed to leaving home to go to college! Is this true! I done my MCSE a year ago and i had to attend a college.Also if this is true surely the certification cant be,lets say, as a valid as doing it the college way!

Does anyone know about this?If so where can it be done online?

Cheers

Nick Y
Old 31 December 2001, 12:27 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Nick,

There are all sorts of online resources but this has been the case for some years. Going to "college" (I presume you just mean doing courses) is just one way of going about it. What counts at the end of the day is that you pass the exams - how you get there is largely irrelevant.

Your other point I think was calling into question the value of the certification if you could just learn the questions from various resources (like Transcenders etc.) I think with the Windows 2000 MCSE, there will be less "paper" MCSE's due to the differing ways the exams now work.

Can't remember the online MCSE stuff I've used but a search should produce reams of results.

Matt
Old 31 December 2001, 03:07 PM
Ga22ar
Scooby Regular

The online stuff makes it as easy to get an MCSE on W2K as on NT4.. The braindumps continue, the MCSE is still only of value to prove a basic grounding of knowledge.

The only qualification worth having for Windows/NT/W2K is good experience in the field...

There was a lot of bollox coming out of MS during the rampup to the W2K MCSE about how more relevant and experience driven it was going to be, in the end it's still just a database of questions that can be learnt..

cheerio
Old 31 December 2001, 03:32 PM
SiCotty
Scooby Regular

You still have to pay your £90 to sit the Cisco Exam and I don't think they will let you do it online or you will cheat. The Study
guides are good bet for passing the exams but nothing is a substitute for experience. Most Jobs request the qualification and a minimum expereince.

If you run a department and want to track the progression of your staff and also make sure they understand that course you just paid 2-3K for, then they are a good thing.

You can get some online testing exams but most of the time these are guesses at the questions.

Si

Old 31 December 2001, 05:58 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They also use adaptive tests now...

Can do online courses but I think they are cr@p would just book yourself on the course.. or buy some good books and learn the product inside out and backwards...

I had a paper based mcse tell me that you cant have multiple users share a roaming profile hate them... as they get paid for knowing nothing.

David