Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Virtua Fighter 5 on PS3

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2007, 01:14 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Virtua Fighter 5 on PS3

Just had it delivered!

If your in to VF, this is certainly one game worth getting the PS3 for.

Looks and plays like a dream...... the 1st AA+ title available.
Old 20 February 2007, 01:15 PM
Buster-WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill wait for the 360 version me thinks!
Old 20 February 2007, 03:08 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

The VF series imo is the best 3d fighting series every made,Tekken is just a cheap rip off and Dead or Alive used the Vf engine.
I remember when VF2 came out on the Saturn when the gaming press said it couldn't be done (good year cos Sega Rally and Vitrua Cop came out)
Old 20 February 2007, 03:13 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

button bashers these sort of games.

Got any screenshots?
Old 20 February 2007, 03:37 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru

Got any screenshots?
The surest way to lose a VF bout is to button bash.
Old 20 February 2007, 03:54 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

VF was skill and timing Tekken is the button basher imo (especially Baek Doo San)
Old 20 February 2007, 04:27 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
VF was skill and timing Tekken is the button basher imo (especially Baek Doo San)
Yup .

I used to think the same about Soul Calibur 1 & 2 - Until I really learned how to play, and am now virtually unbeatable. The sooner a 360 SC comes out on live the better
Old 20 February 2007, 05:54 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru

Got any screenshots?
You obviously have no idea about VF then!
Old 20 February 2007, 05:56 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
The VF series imo is the best 3d fighting series every made,Tekken is just a cheap rip off and Dead or Alive used the Vf engine.
I remember when VF2 came out on the Saturn when the gaming press said it couldn't be done (good year cos Sega Rally and Vitrua Cop came out)
That is one November I will NEVER forget. Bought both the Saturn (with VF) and PS (with Ridge Racer) in the same month on first release in Japan. Seeing these two conversions on a home platform was the first time I had a real arcade in my house........... I just used to watch the games run in demo mode in awe!
Old 21 February 2007, 03:12 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webmaster
That is one November I will NEVER forget. Bought both the Saturn (with VF) and PS (with Ridge Racer) in the same month on first release in Japan. Seeing these two conversions on a home platform was the first time I had a real arcade in my house........... I just used to watch the games run in demo mode in awe!

Wish i still had my Saturn.
Those were the days i used get excited by games but know there a lot that are just eye candy and no real feel to them (and alot of bloody sequels).
Anyway where are the piccies (or movie) of it in action please.
Old 21 February 2007, 03:23 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Still got my Saturn round my parents house. Never took it with me when I moved out.
It's amazing how just the few tracks on Sega Rally kept me entertained so much! And VirtuaCop & 2 were the business!
Old 21 February 2007, 03:25 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

PS3 gets its first killer app ?

" Things are looking up for the PlayStation 3 in Japan this week, as stellar Sega bruiser instalment Virtua Fighter 5 blasts up the charts to ****** the console's first ever number one.

The fighter beat off Nintendo titles Wii Sports, Wii Play, Brain Age and New Super Mario Brothers for the top slot, selling 48,000 copies since it was released in the country almost two weeks ago.

Despite blitzing the competition in the sales charts though, the Wii continues to dominate Sony's console on the hardware front with 78,550 units shifted this week, compared to the PS3's 32, 175 and the Xbox 360's paltry 4,811.

The fifth fighting instalment hit US shelves just yesterday, and is currently pencilled in for a European debut alongside the PS3 next month. If you're still wondering what all the fuss is about, click on over to our VF5 review for the low-down."
Old 21 February 2007, 03:36 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

A Virtua Fighter game is always going to sell bucket loads in Japan though. It's like a license to print money over there

Wii beat off Xbox 360 and PS3 over in the US having sold through 436,000 units in January, according figures released by NPD Group Inc.

This puts a gap of well over 100,000 unit sales between Nintendo's console and the second highest-selling machine, Xbox 360, which sold 294,000 units. The PS3 trailed just behind that with sales of 244,00
Looks like the Wii is doing well pretty much everywhere, but the 360 is still selling more than the ps3 in America despite already being out for a year. Can't be down to the stock situation either as ps3 machines are readily available in the USA.
Old 21 February 2007, 03:48 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
Still got my Saturn round my parents house. Never took it with me when I moved out.
It's amazing how just the few tracks on Sega Rally kept me entertained so much! And VirtuaCop & 2 were the business!
Had a UK one then got the Jap one (best one for all the 2d fighting games).
did have mine,lent it to a mate, lost contact never saw the damn thing again.
Think Sega are back on track with there conversions now (looking forward to Power Smash Tennis and Sega Rally 3 whether they are on 360 or ps3)